Windows 10: Optional Update Keeps Reappearing

Discus and support Optional Update Keeps Reappearing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Microsoft Community! My current Windows version is Windows 10 Home, Insider Preview build 20246. Even before the Windows Insider build, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DannyGreff, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Optional Update Keeps Reappearing

Hello, Microsoft Community!

My current Windows version is Windows 10 Home, Insider Preview build 20246.

Even before the Windows Insider build, I was getting an optional update,

Which seems to be a driver;

Hewlett-Packard - USB - 12/12/2014 12:00:00 AM - 35.0.56.52825

I'm attaching a OneDrive link to my screen recording for the issue.

Optional Update Video

I've tried basically everything, including troubleshooting, restarting... how do I get rid of this? I either...

1. Don't want it to be there.

2. Want it to install.

I don't want it sitting there.

Any help?

:)

DannyGreff, Nov 2, 2020
  2. CNSZU Win User

Folders keep reappearing

The script "64-bit_Remove_All_user_Folders_in_This_PC.reg" has a major bug. The linked folders keep reappearing under This PC. This is what happens:

1. Quick Access and This PC both contain the Documents folder
    2. The "64-bit_Remove_All_user_Folders_in_This_PC.reg" script is applied
    3. The linked folders disappear from This PC. Everything is fine.
    4. I click the Documents folder under Quick Access, then double click a documents sub folder on the right panel.
    5. The Documents folder reappears under This PC.

The idea of my setup is to have all common folders pinned under Quick Access, and none under This PC to avoid any duplicates. Is there any way to fix this?

CNSZU, Nov 2, 2020
  3. HELP!!! Vista x64 Updates reappearing!!!

SOLVED!!!! refer to my last post.

as the title says, i have downloaded updates many times & they keep reappearing.
    usually it would end by saying 7 or 8 out of 30 or so failed & i get the error 80070002. i have tried all the methods Microsoft gives to fix that error & no help. (plz dont ask me 2 do the same crap again, i've already done it atleast 3x!)
    so i manually downloaded the updates in the list (available updates list, NOT the list in the screenshot)
    & then attempted to manually install them all 1 by 1... slowly each one would take a little bit longer to load then the last. till finally i had installed em all... i restarted the comp & vista did its normal taking ages to configure updates thing & then windows loaded & i checked the updates & it said 1 available update! so i updated & it said successful!
    restarted the computer & surprise surprise... 15 available updates!!!!!*Twitch :twitch: all ones i have attempted to install over & over....:shadedshu so then i went into programs & features & selected installed updates & checked the list with the ones i downloaded & i was shocked to find that only 1 of the updates that i manually downloaded & installed was in the list!!!!*Mad Optional Update Keeps Reappearing :mad:

im about 2 the point of throwing the bloody thing out a window!*Bang Head :banghead:
    i have tried almost everything i can think of.....*Confused Optional Update Keeps Reappearing :confused:

is there a minimum amount of free space u need or ur C drive to update or anything???

i give up... please help me..... if u need more info just ask....

cheers*Toast :toast:

(files on the left are 1s i have downloaded & tried to install)

Optional Update Keeps Reappearing [​IMG]

Firedomain, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Optional Update Keeps Reappearing

Folders keep reappearing

Hello CNSZU, and welcome to Ten Forums. Optional Update Keeps Reappearing :)

When you close and reopen File Explorer next, does the folder go away again under This PC?

Brink, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Optional Update Keeps Reappearing

1. Optional Update Keeps Reappearing - Similar Threads - Optional Update Keeps

2. xbox icon keeps reappearing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox icon keeps reappearing.: xbox icon keeps reappearing. Makes me look very unprofessional for work. I keep trying to uninstall and remove it from taskbar but it just keeps coming back after I turn my PC back on. This is the most annoying thing. I know I will never buy an xbox and will recommend other...
  3. xbox icon keeps reappearing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox icon keeps reappearing.: xbox icon keeps reappearing. Makes me look very unprofessional for work. I keep trying to uninstall and remove it from taskbar but it just keeps coming back after I turn my PC back on. This is the most annoying thing. I know I will never buy an xbox and will recommend other...
  4. Behavior:Win32/ExcludeProc.A Keep Reappearing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Behavior:Win32/ExcludeProc.A Keep Reappearing: Hello, I, like some other have gotten the notifications for for "Behavior:Win32/ExcludeProc.A" and "VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D".As with others Defender will claim to remove the threat but when I restart it comes back.The FRST.txt file is here FRST.TXT.Thank you very much in...
  5. Bluetooth Keeps Disappearing then Reappearing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Keeps Disappearing then Reappearing.: A couple of days ago, I had My Xbox Controller and Bluetooth Headphones connected when out of nowhere, They both just disconnected. At first, I thought that maybe I must of pressed something to disconnect them, So I try reconnecting them. Which worked... For 5-10 seconds,...
  6. Files and Folders keep Reappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and Folders keep Reappearing: I am on a Windows 10 computer and recently I've noticed that sometimes when I log on all of my files and or folders that I've previously deleted have come back and are on my pc desktop. For one particular file it takes like 5 tries to delete it all the way because it keeps...
  7. MS_Idd_Bus_0x keeps reappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS_Idd_Bus_0x keeps reappearing: So, I recently bought a USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter. I hooked it up to my laptop and it installed 3 devices: MS_Idd_Bus_01, MS_Idd_Bus_02 and MS_Idd_Bus_03. The adapter didn't work with my laptop, since my onboard graphics didn't support it. Now I've uninstalled the drivers for...
  8. Wifi option keeps disappearing, and again reappears after shutdown ,and restarting the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi option keeps disappearing, and again reappears after shutdown ,and restarting the...: I have been facing this problem since a long time.I have tried every solution from updating drivers to network reset ,and windows refresh. Network trouble shooters says that Wifi driver is missing In device manager wifi driver is shown under hidden devices ,shows as if wifi...
  9. Mouse keeps disappearing and reappearing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse keeps disappearing and reappearing.: Hello! This problem has been annoying me all week. My mouse would disappear then reappear, then disappear again several minutes later. This would go on and on. Is there a solution to permanently fix this issue?...
  10. Pointer keeps disappearing then reappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pointer keeps disappearing then reappearing: My pointer keeps disappearing then reappearing... it as if i have blank spots on my screen where the pointer hides behind (there is nothing wrong with my screen though). I've updated my computer and it still hasn't fixed the issue. its very annoying when trying to select...