Windows 10: "optional update" stuck, keyboard

Discus and support "optional update" stuck, keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had an "optional" update for: Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - Keyboard - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Jan 17, 2021.

1. "optional update" stuck, keyboard

I've had an "optional" update for:

Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - Keyboard - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard for HP Hotkey Support

for a while now and can't seem to get it to go away. I've uninstalled both the HID keyboard and PS2 keyboard which temporarily made it go away until the HID reinstalled. I'm working on a laptop and do not use an external keyboard. Any idea how to get this to install and or go away?

I'm on build 20H2

:)

SuzukiGS750EZ, Jan 17, 2021

2. keyboard stuck

Hi Austin,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial resolution, we suggest that you check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Nate W.H. Win User
    Update problems

Hi TiffanyBowers,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. I understand your Lumia 610 keeps getting stuck on step 6 of the update that you're trying to install. I can provide you a few steps to try in an effort to resolve the update issue.

There are a couple of different steps on a support page located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484
    that we'll want to try. I would suggest the steps for stuck in download mode, stuck at OEM splash screen, and error not listed on this page.

Before performing the suggested reset under the steps for error not listed, I would first suggest trying a soft reset. If you're able to remove the battery, leaving it out of the phone for a few minutes will soft reset the phone. Another option for performing
    a soft reset would be to hold the power and volume down buttons until the phone has restarted completely.

Please let us know if any of these suggestions are helpful to your update issue.

Regards,

Nate W.H., Jan 17, 2021
  4. "optional update" stuck, keyboard

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

"optional update" stuck, keyboard

1. "optional update" stuck, keyboard - Similar Threads - optional update stuck

2. Stuck on "Choose an Option"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Choose an Option": I was Stuck on Choose an option I tried every methods but It didn't work as well....Any one that can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-choose-an-option/da347dc7-6a06-4fac-be11-6f2053cc4f14
  3. Stuck on "Choose an Option"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "Choose an Option": I was Stuck on Choose an option I tried every methods but It didn't work as well....Any one that can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-choose-an-option/da347dc7-6a06-4fac-be11-6f2053cc4f14
  4. No keyboard option on troubleshoot & Alt key is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No keyboard option on troubleshoot & Alt key is stuck: There is no keyboard option on my troubleshoot and my alt key keeps on getting stuck after some screen time. For more info I am using ROG Strix G15 listed below are the things that I done to try and fix the problem1. Tried updating all of the keyboard driver in device manager...
  5. No keyboard option on troubleshoot & Alt key is stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No keyboard option on troubleshoot & Alt key is stuck: There is no keyboard option on my troubleshoot and my alt key keeps on getting stuck after some screen time. For more info I am using ROG Strix G15 listed below are the things that I done to try and fix the problem1. Tried updating all of the keyboard driver in device manager...
  6. Stuck on Choose an Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Choose an Option: Hello. I clicked the "Update and Shut Down" button and when I checked my laptop, it displays the Choose an Option screen. I tried clicking the continue but it just loops back to the Choose an Option screen. How can i solve this?...
  7. Keyboard issue from Optional Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard issue from Optional Updates: I must initially state that computers totally lose med and installed a host of HP drivers . All except one . - when it works it is awesome however fixing problems is a nightmare for me. Simply put I use windiws 10 on an HP laptop. I run updates each day to ensure I get the...
  8. Stuck in advanced options

Stuck in advanced options: Hello, My Windows 10 is stuck in advanced options. I can use my keyboard and mouse. The only two options are, A. Shut down, or B. Touble Shooting. I have tried all forms of troubleshooting, but every attempt has given me no progress. There is no reset pc option. Nor rollback...
  9. Windows update option stuck in manual mode.

Windows update option stuck in manual mode.: I have the 1803 version of Windows 10. I have been semi-successful in shutting the updates for Windows off through the services.msc menus but, now going through the steps - it is locked into the manual mode and won't allow me to scroll down to disable it. Any solutions out...
  10. Update Cause System Keyboard & Mouse Stuck

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Cause System Keyboard & Mouse Stuck: Hi Experts, This is a very strange issue on my domain environment two lenovo laptop's e540 goes stuck no pointer and keyboard is working but when i uninstall some latest update and restart it works fine. here are two update which are recently install and make problem and...