Windows 10: OPTIONAL UPDATE

Discus and support OPTIONAL UPDATE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Are optional updates are important?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-update/cfbaec64-58e7-4e35-bdf4-c84deb83c545 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mnayak2, Mar 2, 2020.

1. mnayak2 Win User

OPTIONAL UPDATE

Are optional updates are important??

:)

mnayak2, Mar 2, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond OPTIONAL UPDATE :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Windows Update Options

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows Update.

Follow the steps provided below to change update settings.

• Go to start page and type
      Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Update settings
      under settings.

• Click on Advance options

• Under “Choose how Updates get installed”. In the drop down menu, select the option which is convenient to you.

• Click on Save.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 2, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

OPTIONAL UPDATE

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

OPTIONAL UPDATE

1. OPTIONAL UPDATE - Similar Threads - OPTIONAL UPDATE

2. [PSA] Optional update KB4541335 introduces BSOD on boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [PSA] Optional update KB4541335 introduces BSOD on boot.: I don't know who needs to hear this, but refrain from installing the update no matter what. Updated last night and got an "inaccessible boot drive" error. Windows Recovery couldn't uninstall the update and recovery points did not work. Had to do a fresh install. In my fresh...
  3. optional update KB4541335, may be corrupting the HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    optional update KB4541335, may be corrupting the HD: I have a clean install of windows 10Pro, v1909, build No. 18363.592, downloaded 03/03/2020. Installed without issue. I search for updates and take the available updates : Cumulative update KB4551762 Windows Malicious removal tool KB890830 Security update for Adobe...
  4. Updated Windows 10 Photo App no longer giving me the option to delete photos from my device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated Windows 10 Photo App no longer giving me the option to delete photos from my device...: Photo app in Windows 10 is no longer giving me the option to delete photos from my device after I import them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updated-windows-10-photo-app-no-longer-giving-me/86906483-2008-4277-85cf-b5ffbea3da76
  5. Update damage my laptop | Advanced Options, Troubleshoot/Uninstall Updates.

Update damage my laptop | Advanced Options, Troubleshoot/Uninstall Updates.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JezzV13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fp0g0j/update_damage_my_laptop_advanced_options/
  6. MARCH 03-24-2020 Cumulative *Optional* Update KB4541335

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MARCH 03-24-2020 Cumulative *Optional* Update KB4541335: [ATTACH] As denoted as an optional update the following will patch compatibility issues with the following below. Updates an issue that causes an error when printing to a document share. SUMMARY - Print Spool fails to execute properly in short {Part of the Messaging Block...
  7. Microsoft is pausing optional Windows update releases

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is pausing optional Windows update releases: Microsoft announced yesterday that it plans to pause the release of optional Windows updates from May 2020 onward. The company releases so-called C and D releases in the third or fourth week of any given month. These are considered preview updates and completely optional....
  8. Microsoft won’t release new Windows 10 optional updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft won’t release new Windows 10 optional updates: Microsoft is pausing optional cumulative updates (non-security patches) for Windows 10 due to a recent medical outbreak in Asia, Europe and other parts of the world. Most people have to deal with Windows 10 updates once every month and then typically as part of the...
  9. Microsoft pausing all optional non-security releases (C and D updates)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pausing all optional non-security releases (C and D updates): We have been evaluating the public health situation, and we understand this is impacting our customers. In response to these challenges we are prioritizing our focus on security updates. Starting in May 2020, we are pausing all optional non-security releases (C and D updates)...
  10. Microsoft Store ignoring "Update Apps Automatically" option.

Microsoft Store ignoring "Update Apps Automatically" option.: As soon as I connected to Wi-Fi, wsappx started using a bunch of CPU and network bandwidth. I opened the Microsoft Store, and went to the Downloads and Updates. It was updating some of my apps, even though I disabled Update Apps Automatically under the settings. I even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. optional update windows 10