Windows 10: Optional updates, AMD and realtek Bluetooth

Discus and support Optional updates, AMD and realtek Bluetooth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Optional updates, AMD and Realtek Bluetooth As per the attached image win10 shows 2 optional updates, I don't have an issue with installing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kjl1956, Nov 23, 2020.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Optional updates, AMD and realtek Bluetooth

Optional updates, AMD and Realtek Bluetooth

As per the attached image win10 shows 2 optional updates, I don't have an issue with installing the Realtek Bluetooth

driver but I would like to know more about the AMD driver as it is dated 8/30/2017 version 5.12.0.38, thanks.

Optional updates, AMD and realtek Bluetooth 9eb96efc-da26-4365-8aa2-71aaea453e47?upload=true.png

:)

kjl1956, Nov 23, 2020

2. That Realtek Bluetooth driver.

I cannot install the latest update because of the problem with the driver. The problem is I don't have Realtek Bluetooth. I have a Broadcom usb bluetooth. Have searched everywhere and tried all suggested options but I can't find a Realtek driver.

So I cannot update!

hampton4444, Nov 23, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter

"Anyone any idea how to install the drivers mentioned above? As Windows Update does not 'see' them."
    It does not see them because that is your list of hidden updates. You can simply check the ones you want to go thru and the next Windows Update will see them but auto install, so be careful if you don't actually want them.

"I am having troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter, so I would like to try a driver update."
    Best thing to do and not screw up the list of Hidden Updates you already have, is go to Device Manager (Win+X), expand Bluetooth to see installed drivers. Then r-click the driver/Update Driver Software/Search automatically ... If there is a newer one, it will auto install. Test, if not happy roll back by doing same steps except click Properties and use roll back option. Good Luck

Optional updates, AMD and realtek Bluetooth [​IMG]

mrgeek, Nov 23, 2020
  4. BAM
    BAM Win User

Cannot update Win 10 to v1909 Realtek Bluetooth driver has to be updated

Ran into this problem also, complaining about old Realtek BT drivers but none installed.

First check for non-present devices in Device Manager by enabling hidden items under View/Show hidden devices. If you still don't see your bluetooth device listed, you may have an orphaned driver file like I did.

Check your C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder for the file RtkBtfilter.sys.
    An old Realtek bluetooth driver, not being used but detected by the updater.

Deleted the file and update was able to continue.

There was nothing logged in the CompatData().xml files as suggested to check here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/416169/how-to-fix-what-needs-your-attention-windows-10-setup-errors/

(I guess because it wasn't installed nor was there any inf file for it.)

Thema:

1. Optional updates, AMD and realtek Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Optional updates AMD

2. AMD "Bluetooth Driver"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD "Bluetooth Driver": Is there any available bluetooth to my pc? or let say, I'm seeking to reinstall the correct Bluetooth Driver for my computer. Searching the site did not help because there was no driver offered for just Bluetooth alone. Can someone provide just the link to download Bluetooth...
  3. AMD Bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Bluetooth driver: Can someone provide me with the link to download Bluetooth drivers for AMD? I can't seem to find them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-bluetooth-driver/b0ec9e9a-0bdc-4f14-9b2e-6de495c2581e
  4. AMD "Bluetooth Driver"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD "Bluetooth Driver": Hello,I'm seeking to reinstall the correct Bluetooth Driver for my computer. Searching the site did not help because there was no driver offered for just Bluetooth alone. Can someone provide just the link to download Bluetooth driver?Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700XSystem type:...
  5. AMD "Bluetooth Driver"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD "Bluetooth Driver": Hello,I'm seeking to reinstall the correct Bluetooth Driver for my computer. Searching the site did not help because there was no driver offered for just Bluetooth alone. Can someone provide just the link to download Bluetooth driver?Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700XSystem type:...
  6. AMD "Bluetooth Driver"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Update 1903 and Realtek Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 1903 and Realtek Bluetooth: Hello everyone, I have tried updating my computer with Windows 10 Update 1903 and it is been block by the realtek bluetooth issue Although I downloaded the drivers to update the driver but I do not see the driver in the device manager. What can I do to solve the issue?...
  8. Realtek bluetooth driver won't update.

Realtek bluetooth driver won't update.: I'm trying to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 8.1 and the install stops on Realtek driver issue. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4529832/updating-to-windows-10-version-1903-on-devices-with-some-driver-versio current driver is 1.3.810.3 How do I get around this? Tim...
  9. Cannot Update Because of Realtek Bluetooth

Cannot Update Because of Realtek Bluetooth: I got that message and went to the "Learn More" https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4529832/updating-to-windows-10-version-1903-on-devices-with-some-driver-versio and got to step 16 when my issue began. I did as it said and opened Device Manager, there is no bluetooth...
  10. Uninstall Realtek and install AMD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall Realtek and install AMD?: Just bought a pre-owned laptop with Win7, and upgraded it to 10. Now having a problem launching a program because of a Realtek issue. Can I just get rid of Realtek and install an AMD driver like my other Win10 laptop has (and works just fine)? 50955