Windows 10: Optional Updates available for HP Laptop? Should i install these

Discus and support Optional Updates available for HP Laptop? Should i install these in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A Bunch of Optional Updates available for my HP Laptop, HP Support assistant says no specific HP updates available, so wondering if it's safe to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AMDMan2016, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Optional Updates available for HP Laptop? Should i install these

A Bunch of Optional Updates available for my HP Laptop, HP Support assistant says no specific HP updates available, so wondering if it's safe to install these or not, or skip a couple of them if need be

:)

AMDMan2016, Sep 27, 2020

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Chino Win User

Optional Updates available for HP Laptop? Should i install these

HP Laptops Shipped with Hidden Keylogger

Michael Myng, more commonly known as ZwClose, was approached by a friend to look into the possibility of controlling the keyboard's backlighting on his HP laptop. Michael was down for the challenge, and his friend sent the Synaptics SynTP.sys file over to him. After analyzing the keyboard driver, he found the sleeping keylogger. The logging function is disabled by default. However, intruders can enable it easily by modifying the registry value through malicious code. Michael reported the issue to HP, and the company released a list of the affected laptop models along with a security patch. The list contains over 400 models from HP's most popular product lines like the EliteBook, ProBook, ZBook, Spectre Pro, ENVY, Pavilion, OMEN - just mention a few. Now that the vulnerability is public, we urge HP laptop owners to install the security patch ASAP. The fix is also available on Windows Update if that's your preferred method.

Optional Updates available for HP Laptop? Should i install these AMIuiJrbivZCcN5d_thm.jpg

Optional Updates available for HP Laptop? Should i install these WHDM1DCXKVVH6ePu_thm.jpg

Optional Updates available for HP Laptop? Should i install these yPUBtijQ5Gthrugg_thm.jpg

Sources: ZwClose, HP

Chino, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Optional Updates available for HP Laptop? Should i install these

1. Optional Updates available for HP Laptop? Should i install these - Similar Threads - Optional Updates available

2. Should I install updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I install updates?: [ATTACH] Should I install updates on my fresh system? I'm wondering if the default (without updates installed) windows is bundled with all necessary security features and will run stable without updates. Because knowing how updates may break windows I'd just prefer to...
  3. What should I do with this optional update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do with this optional update: I have an optional update Western Digital Technologies - WDC-SAM 4.55.25.661 My Passport and I'm not really sure if I download & install it, if it will do something to the SSD on this MSI gf76 Katina laptop or will it automatically pick up the external HD and update the...
  4. Should i install and optional update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should i install and optional update: [ATTACH] Should I install this update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-install-and-optional-update/fb45f237-0960-49b8-bba4-39bdd43302ef
  5. Should I select all of "Optional updates" ?

Should I select all of "Optional updates" ?: Hello, Should I select all of these? My Mainboard is Asus P8-b75-V Thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-select-all-of-optional-updates/30278a75-14bd-4ceb-9899-e4a26f470ad8
  6. Should I install this HP - Image Driver ?

Should I install this HP - Image Driver ?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/oqm25qe5fi161.png?width=891&format=png&auto=webp&s=62da18cfb9d8ffca20e1b4df02c59cd8a0973856 submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k183l6/should_i_install_this_hp_image_driver/
  7. Should I deploy optional driver updates on my PC and Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I deploy optional driver updates on my PC and Laptop: I have an older PC and older laptop. Both seem to be running just fine and both were successfully upgraded to Windows 2020 Fall edition yesterday. When I was selecting my upgrade options I noticed there were about 8 optional upgrades available including western Digital...
  8. Should I install these optional driver updates or will they cause any problems?

Should I install these optional driver updates or will they cause any problems?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlxovi/should_i_install_these_optional_driver_updates_or/
  9. Should I download optional updates?

Should I download optional updates?: Should I install optional updates from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-download-optional-updates/9addd63a-fa13-4072-99bc-4d276a838a00
  10. HP 255 G7 Laptop - Optional Update keeps saying it's available

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    HP 255 G7 Laptop - Optional Update keeps saying it's available: My HP Laptop had some optional updates available the other day. One of them was from Hewlett-Packard and it had to do with the keyboard/hotkeys. I installed the update and it says it installed successfully. But each time I re check for updates, it says the said optional...