Windows 10: Optional Updates no longer appear in the Windows Update screen

Discus and support Optional Updates no longer appear in the Windows Update screen in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi. This is the Win ver I have. I used to have Optional Updates option here: This is no longer available. I'd like to know how to get it back. I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by gil, May 7, 2021.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

Optional Updates no longer appear in the Windows Update screen

Hi. This is the Win ver I have. I used to have Optional Updates option here: This is no longer available. I'd like to know how to get it back. I did use DDU to stop windows from auto downloading drivers, because it messes my audio drivers. But I still want this option except the auto download function. Also, this is my gpedit.msc config

:)

2. erocker Win User

Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, May 7, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 7, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Currency Gadget no longer updating

My currency gadget is no longer updating, it says: "Cannot connect to service", now I have the sidebar and gadgets installed from 8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 on my windows 8.1 laptop.
    I have tried this: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-currency-stock-weather-gadgets-not-updating-windows-7-vista/

But it does not work because I don't have the folder as in step 5:
    5. Delete the folder named 53eab605-3b97-4da0-8e92-ea49d47af529

Did Microsoft stop completely with this service?

Optional Updates no longer appear in the Windows Update screen gadgets-jpg.jpg

Does anyone know another solution to fix this?

P4-630, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Optional Updates no longer appear in the Windows Update screen - Similar Threads - Optional Updates longer

2. Windows 11 update - Volume Slider no longer appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update - Volume Slider no longer appearing: I have Windows 11 which did updates about 7 hours ago. I ran it whilst getting ready to go out then when it finished I logged in then closed everything down. I've now turned the PC back on but changing the volume is a pain the neck because I now have to check the icon to see...
  3. Windows 11 update - Volume Slider no longer appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update - Volume Slider no longer appearing: I have Windows 11 which did updates about 7 hours ago. I ran it whilst getting ready to go out then when it finished I logged in then closed everything down. I've now turned the PC back on but changing the volume is a pain the neck because I now have to check the icon to see...
  4. Windows Update Updates Not Appearing

Windows Update Updates Not Appearing: Hello fellow humans!I am having an issue where when I check for updates but none appear. The last update that I installed was over 20 days ago!So, I highly doubt that the no updates are a valid statement.Thanks for your help!...
  5. Windows Update Updates Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Updates Not Appearing: Hello fellow humans!I am having an issue where when I check for updates but none appear. The last update that I installed was over 20 days ago!So, I highly doubt that the no updates are a valid statement.Thanks for your help!...
  6. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  7. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  8. Feature Update 20H2 could not be installed and will no longer appear in "Windows Update"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature Update 20H2 could not be installed and will no longer appear in "Windows Update": I tried to install feature update 20H2 yesterday, but I came across a blank black screen and no startup splash, I rebooted and Windows Update is not only very slow to start, but I find that the feature update had no effect and I am still operating on Windows version 1909....
  9. the Windows Update to 2004 ad , no longer appears

the Windows Update to 2004 ad , no longer appears: Hi . the message in Windows update that announced me, that soon more later, may be months coud get the update , since 3 days ago , no longer is shows Now nothing comes out. Could this mean that it may never be available for my pc? this is the message that...
  10. Windows Update is No Longer

Windows Update is No Longer: hello Windows update is stopped cause of pandemic coronavirus next finally update to 2021 ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-is-no-longer/5bac1b44-a3f9-4463-8c48-9721994d9c7a