Windows 10: Optional Updates offering wrong updates

Discus and support Optional Updates offering wrong updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Under "Optional Updates", Driver Updates, I have "Intel – Other hardware – IntelR XeonR E3 – 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel R Core TM Host Bridge/DRAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by blackqwertykeyboard, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Optional Updates offering wrong updates

Under "Optional Updates", Driver Updates, I have

"Intel – Other hardware – IntelR XeonR E3 – 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel R Core TM Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 190F "

Problem is, I don't have an Intel Xeon processor, so why is this being offered.? Also, how can I get rid of it, or do I just have to ignore it for the rest of my computer's life?

:)

blackqwertykeyboard, Oct 3, 2020

2. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Should I update bios?

Lol, there is still so many myths about flashing bios and people actually believe in them. People, this is 2018, not 1998, bios updates are easy and when file is provided by manufacturer themselves then they do RMA gpus, motherboards, mice and all other devices which failed during flashing.

spectatorx, Oct 3, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Optional Updates offering wrong updates

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Optional Updates offering wrong updates

1. Optional Updates offering wrong updates - Similar Threads - Optional Updates offering

2. Windows Update are not being Offered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update are not being Offered: Many of our Windows 11 computers are not pulling the latest updates, and we have to install them manually. This is what we have done, 1. Run the troubleshooter for Windows updates 2. Run DISM / online /cleanup-image /restorehealth3. sfc /scannow4. Reset Windows update...
  3. Windows Update are not being Offered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update are not being Offered: Many of our Windows 11 computers are not pulling the latest updates, and we have to install them manually. This is what we have done, 1. Run the troubleshooter for Windows updates 2. Run DISM / online /cleanup-image /restorehealth3. sfc /scannow4. Reset Windows update...
  4. Windows Optional Update offering a bad keyboard driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Optional Update offering a bad keyboard driver: The Windows Update is offering me an optional update named "ELAN - Keyboard - 1/2/2018 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1". When I applied this update and rebooted my system, it just broke my keyboard and then I ultimately had to uninstall the keyboard under device manager and reboot the...
  5. Restart option offered prior to update install completion

Restart option offered prior to update install completion: Lately I have notice a restart option being offered before all updates have been installed and were still completing those. If the system was in the process of installing a Cumulative Update, would it be a good idea to restart while that was still in progress? Is the...
  6. Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update

Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update: Why does Windows 10 run the same update more than once when it succeeded the first time? I've seen this happen on two different computers with update "2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 1903 for x64-based Systems {KB4524570)". Original Title : Windows Update repeat...
  7. Update 1803 to 1809 not offered?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update 1803 to 1809 not offered?: I just checked and loaded the latest updates to 18-03 (build 17134.799) and Windows Update says I am up to date. Why do I not receive 1809? I am not in a hurry to go to 19-03 after reading about the problems, but I would like to get to 1809. configuration: 1 year old HP Envy...
  8. Update 1803 to 1809 not offered?

Update 1803 to 1809 not offered?: I just checked and loaded the latest updates to 18-03 (build 17134.799) and Windows Update says I am up to date. Why do I not receive 1809? I am not in a hurry to go to 19-03 after reading about the problems, but I would like to get to 1809. configuration: 1 year old HP Envy...
  9. Windows Update not offering 10158

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update not offering 10158: I installed 10130 yesterday using the ISO and ran Windows Update. It installed a few small updates and now says "up to date" even though I set it to the Fast Ring. Is there a way to force the update to 10158? Edit: Is this a safe site for ISO files? Download Windows 10...
  10. Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Updates Get Windows 10Prompts,No Longer Offers Reject Option: [img] Basically, if you’re running an older version of Windows, and you haven’t yet disabled the Get Windows 10 app, the prompt linked to the upgrade is now recommending you to install the new OS and even gives you two different options. But unfortunately, the “no” option...