Windows 10: Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?

Discus and support Optional windows 10 driver "updates"? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Are the optional windows driver updates I'm getting actual newer versions or are they older versions of the driver I'm falling back on? I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mathteacher85, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?

Are the optional windows driver updates I'm getting actual newer versions or are they older versions of the driver I'm falling back on?

I am experiencing strange behavior on some of my computer's and would like to know if these might fix those. The description for the drivers are very vague. If they're newer versions, I'd be open to updating them anyways. If they're older versions, I'd fear they'd cause new issues to arrive if I install them.

Anyone have definitive information here?

submitted by /u/mathteacher85
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mathteacher85, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?

1. Optional windows 10 driver "updates"? - Similar Threads - Optional driver updates

2. optional windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional windows driver updates: i have an optional driver update OEM HID CLASS18.16.37.672 DO I need to download and install it? I read it is not recommended to install these updates if nothing ia wrong or only if there is something not working. Also How do i hide optional driver and other optional updates?...
  3. optional windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optional windows driver updates: i have an optional driver update OEM HID CLASS18.16.37.672 DO I need to download and install it? I read it is not recommended to install these updates if nothing ia wrong or only if there is something not working. Also How do i hide optional driver and other optional updates?...
  4. optional windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 optional driver updates

Windows 10 optional driver updates: My laptop is a lenovo ideapad S340 windows 10 and it says that it is up to date but says there are some optional updates for my drivers,This is my laptop info but I don't know if it will help:...
  6. Optional Driver Updates

Optional Driver Updates: Hello! I decided to check for any updates on my computer and I stumbled upon the "optional updates". And I found these: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I determine what to install or whether to install them at all? Your insights would be of great help! Thank you so much!...
  7. Driver optional updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Driver optional updates: I just noticed Nvidia driver listed while I have an Intel display adaptor. Anyone try enabling "Do not include drivers with Windows updates" in the group policy editor? Not that I don't trust microsoft but! 169787
  8. Optional Windows/Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional Windows/Driver Updates: [ATTACH] Hey guys, just looked in my optional updates and I have all of these. I'm terrified of doing things with drivers when I'm not sure what I'm doing because it caused serious issues for me before. Should I install all of these? Or how do I figure out what I need and...
  9. Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates

Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates: Why are there optional driver updates listed under Optional Windows Updates for hardware that I do not have??? Drivers for nonexistent HP printers as well as for BOTH AMD and INTEL processors and/or busses...
  10. Windows Update Optional Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Optional Driver Updates: Lately Windows has been offering a couple of drivers for hardware I dont have on my Insider machine. They say I have a Xeon E3 when I dont (its a Skylake 6700k). Is there a way to get these cleared? Version 19635.1. [img] 157671