Windows 10: Optional Windows/Driver Updates

Discus and support Optional Windows/Driver Updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys, just looked in my optional updates and I have all of these. I'm terrified of doing things with drivers when I'm not sure what I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pokepunk710, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Optional Windows/Driver Updates

/u/Pokepunk710, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Optional Windows/Driver Updates

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Optional Windows/Driver Updates

1. Optional Windows/Driver Updates - Similar Threads - Optional Driver Updates

2. Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?: Are the optional windows driver updates I'm getting actual newer versions or are they older versions of the driver I'm falling back on? I am experiencing strange behavior on some of my computer's and would like to know if these might fix those. The description for the...
  3. No option to cancel downloading/installing a driver update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No option to cancel downloading/installing a driver update?: There's should be a simple option. A button next to the updatea simple "Cancel". Thing is, the latest AMD drivers for my set just don't worki guess AMD didn't test my A6-6310 apu with r4 and there is a REASON i've already opted out via Radeon settings. Stop forcing it upon...
  4. What is the Optional Intel Driver Update via Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the Optional Intel Driver Update via Windows Update?: INTEL - System - 10/3/2016 12:00:00 AM - 10.1.1.38 ((Already Installed though, as i always installed any optional driver update or optional update that comes along, and machine is backed up with Macirum reflect images, so i was like ok, and installed it)) It drives me nuts...
  5. Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates: Why are there optional driver updates listed under Optional Windows Updates for hardware that I do not have??? Drivers for nonexistent HP printers as well as for BOTH AMD and INTEL processors and/or busses...
  6. How to install Driver and Optional Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Driver and Optional Updates in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows Update has improved by leaps and bounds the past few years, and it is getting better. The Windows Team is now making it easier […] This article How to install Driver and Optional Updates in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows Update Optional Driver Updates

Windows Update Optional Driver Updates: Lately Windows has been offering a couple of drivers for hardware I dont have on my Insider machine. They say I have a Xeon E3 when I dont (its a Skylake 6700k). Is there a way to get these cleared? Version 19635.1. [img] 157671
  8. Windows 10 driver updates will now be manual Optional Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 driver updates will now be manual Optional Updates: Driver publishing can be complicated. Optional drivers have various methods of acquisition, which creates confusion. Starting now we are making changes to streamline things a bit. All partners will now be able to publish drivers as automatic! This grants access to driver...
  9. No Rollback driver option

No Rollback driver option: Hi, My Camera keeps switching on and off, so I tried to update my driver and follow the instructions in the guide, but the rollback driver option is not highli[ATTACH]ghted. Am attaching a Screenshot, can you please help me ASAP as I have interviews going on....
  10. Windows update not giving the option to install driver updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update not giving the option to install driver updates?: Hey Guys I have a rather strange issue, when I run wushowhide under hide (option to hide the updates) updated it shows multiple updates for hardware that are available, however when I run windows updates these updates do not appear? The only updates that appear are the...