Windows 10: Optional Windows update KB5001391 crashing Chrome

Discus and support Optional Windows update KB5001391 crashing Chrome in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi allI was recently setting up 4 new laptops for some clients and came across a rather unusual error. I updated their systems with the Optional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lois Du Preez, May 10, 2021.

1. Optional Windows update KB5001391 crashing Chrome

Hi allI was recently setting up 4 new laptops for some clients and came across a rather unusual error. I updated their systems with the Optional Windows update KB5001391 and suddenly chrome crashed on all 4 laptops. It would either not open at all, or on the off chance that it did, it would throw me a WSoD. The funny thing is that I tested this update on a spare laptop that had the same updates installed and did not experience this issue on that laptop. What could be the reason why this specific update will crash chrome on certain laptops but not on others? I'm still lear

:)

Lois Du Preez, May 10, 2021

2. Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 10, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 10, 2021
  4. Optional Windows update KB5001391 crashing Chrome

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Optional Windows update KB5001391 crashing Chrome

1. Optional Windows update KB5001391 crashing Chrome - Similar Threads - Optional update KB5001391

2. Chrome crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome crash: Running Windows 11. Chrome crashes almost immediately when opened. It worked fine yesterday. When this first occurred, I got a message box that asked if I wanted to restore, and before I could act, the app crashed. I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and again it crashed...
  3. Window 10 2021 Update crashes Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 2021 Update crashes Chrome: Hi, last Thursday, June 10th my computer was updated with the latest Windows 10 May 2021 update. Since it was installed, Google Chrome crashes when I try to use it. I took it to Geek Squad, and they removed Chrome and reinstalled it 3 times with no luck. When I tried, to go...
  4. Chrome Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Chrome Crash: I know this is not Win 10 issue, but have not been able to find answers on Google Chrome forums. Microsoft Windows Home Ver 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Have been using Chrome for a long time, and yesterday it quit. Program loads and the bookmarks bar is populated, however there is...
  5. KB5001391 pending restart

KB5001391 pending restart: Hi,I have selected to install KB5001391 in the optional updates section of Windows Update.After it have been downloaded and installed, Windows asks me the usual pending restart thing.The issue with the restart is, that I have restarted a lot of times already and every time...
  6. can't uninstall KB5001391

can't uninstall KB5001391: After installing the update KB5001391 my laptop became slow and games like Minecraft and CSGO fps dropped a lot. I tried uninstalling KB5001391 in any way like going into safe mode, removing it through the control panel, using commands prompt or even the DISM tool did not...
  7. How to hide KB5001391?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to hide KB5001391?: I don't want to install that update and wish Windows would stop asking me to download and install. I tried using wushowhide but it only shows drivers 178835
  8. Microsoft cumulative update KB5001391

Microsoft cumulative update KB5001391: When i try to install this update, i get the error 0x800f081f. Not sure where to start to try and fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-cumulative-update-kb5001391/b2f51fce-f27a-43dd-bf7b-fec9cbddf02e
  9. Optional Update KB5001391 today 4/28

Optional Update KB5001391 today 4/28: I have seen this update on two systems today.. Anyone else, I did not see it yet mentioned.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-update-kb5001391-today-428/87ef319d-985d-4ce8-b3e7-fcd869810a96
  10. Chrome crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome crashes: I switched tabs and Chrome browser suddenly crashed. It keeps crashing when I press the tabs with fingers. I’ve already tried to uninstall and reinstall Chrome, no effect. Can you help me? I use Surface Pro....