Windows 10: Optional "Wireless Display" Feature Install not Finalizing

Discus and support Optional "Wireless Display" Feature Install not Finalizing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to use my laptop's display as a second monitor for my PC. I opened settings and went to the "Projecting to This PC" section. It told me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Human__, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Human__ Win User

Optional "Wireless Display" Feature Install not Finalizing

I am trying to use my laptop's display as a second monitor for my PC. I opened settings and went to the "Projecting to This PC" section. It told me to install the Wireless Display feature, so I did. It told me that I needed to restart the system to finish installing. I did this and I opened the settings again to find this exact same message with absolutely nothing changed. I tried again, this time shutting to off then manually turning it back on. Still no change, still the same message. The laptop is plugged in and is fully charged. Optional "Wireless Display" Feature Install not Finalizing de509fb3-c128-4d47-b5b3-bbb7ed7e55c6?upload=true.jpg

:)

Human__, Dec 23, 2020

2. wireless display adapter model 1628

Hi Rudy,

Connecting to a wireless display requires a device that supports Miracast. For us to identify the cause of this issue, please answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest performing the given steps on this article:
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Wireless Display Support - Option Appears to be missing

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with connecting to a wireless display, do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

As you have already tried to connect to wireless display from Windows 7 and it failed, I would like to inform that your device might not be compatible to access the feature.

I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to the post with required information about the issue to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Optional "Wireless Display" Feature Install not Finalizing

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Optional "Wireless Display" Feature Install not Finalizing

1. Optional "Wireless Display" Feature Install not Finalizing - Similar Threads - Optional Wireless Display

2. Wireless Display Feature not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Feature not working: I have a laptop HP OMEN 15 Model 15-dc1038ur and a Sony BRAVIA TV KD-43XE7096. Both support miracast, but I can't wirelessly over WiFi connect my laptop to the TV. Windows 11 can't find the TV when I try to cast. It just says "No displays are available"....
  3. Wireless Display Feature not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Display Feature not working: I have a laptop HP OMEN 15 Model 15-dc1038ur and a Sony BRAVIA TV KD-43XE7096. Both support miracast, but I can't wirelessly over WiFi connect my laptop to the TV. Windows 11 can't find the TV when I try to cast. It just says "No displays are available"....
  4. No wireless display feature in optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wireless display feature in optional features: i have miracast support,my window is original and my all drivers are up to date.In projecting to this pc it says my doesn't have support becouse it need wireless display optional feature but it's not there in my optional features i even searched it but it's not therePlease...
  5. No wireless display feature in optional features

No wireless display feature in optional features: i have miracast support,my window is original and my all drivers are up to date.In projecting to this pc it says my doesn't have support becouse it need wireless display optional feature but it's not there in my optional features i even searched it but it's not therePlease...
  6. Optional feature Wireless Display failed to install 0x80072EFE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional feature Wireless Display failed to install 0x80072EFE: Hi, i've tried to install the optional feature Wireless Display but it says "Couldn't install" and the error message is 0x80072EFE. Tried multiple times, restarted it as well. it just wouldn't install it!...
  7. Optional feature Wireless Display failed to install 0x80072EFE

Optional feature Wireless Display failed to install 0x80072EFE: Hi, i've tried to install the optional feature Wireless Display but it says "Couldn't install" and the error message is 0x80072EFE. Tried multiple times, restarted it as well. it just wouldn't install it!...
  8. I can't find wireless display option in optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find wireless display option in optional features: I can't find wireless display option in optional features And also in installed features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-wireless-display-option-in-optional/b1e7e467-dd13-4474-874c-03866661bad5
  9. I can't find wireless display option in optional features

I can't find wireless display option in optional features: I can't find wireless display option in optional features And also in installed features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-wireless-display-option-in-optional/b1e7e467-dd13-4474-874c-03866661bad5
  10. I can't find wireless display option in optional features

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart this computer to finish installing wireless display