Windows 10: Options are not highlighted while hovering through menus or options

Discus and support Options are not highlighted while hovering through menus or options in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Few days back I have started facing issue with the mouse. Some options doesn't get highlighted dynamically when hovered through them. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lintu Oommen, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Options are not highlighted while hovering through menus or options

Hi,

Few days back I have started facing issue with the mouse. Some options doesn't get highlighted dynamically when hovered through them. For example if you right click on desktop and hovers through any of the options it gets highlighted. But if hovered through one of the sub option the option is not highlighted. What could be the reason? I had updated the drivers, but were of no use.

:)

Lintu Oommen, Aug 2, 2018
  2. drockus Win User

Mouse no longer highlights options on right-click menu.

So since the other day, whenever I right click the screen (usually the desktop) and the right-click menu pops up, the mouse no longer highlights the option it's hovering over. While I can still click those options, the highlight (darkened area around the
    text) is no longer visible. This is causing me to hit the wrong button. Can anyone help?

drockus, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Options are not highlighted while hovering through menus or options

Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

Naki, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Options are not highlighted while hovering through menus or options

1. Options are not highlighted while hovering through menus or options - Similar Threads - Options are highlighted

2. The File Explorer has no menus or options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The File Explorer has no menus or options: There appear to be thousands and thousands of websites where people are desperately trying to obtain a workable FIle Explorer for the unfortunate victims of Microsoft's Windows 11. The inquiries span two or three...
  3. The File Explorer has no menus or options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The File Explorer has no menus or options: There appear to be thousands and thousands of websites where people are desperately trying to obtain a workable FIle Explorer for the unfortunate victims of Microsoft's Windows 11. The inquiries span two or three...
  4. selecting last option in menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    selecting last option in menus: I'm aware that someone already has asked this however in that thread there was no concussion or fix for the problem.In any New system menu or in the photos app the last option in the menu is selected and cannot be unselected.here is the last thread...
  5. selecting last option in menus

selecting last option in menus: I'm aware that someone already has asked this however in that thread there was no concussion or fix for the problem.In any New system menu or in the photos app the last option in the menu is selected and cannot be unselected.here is the last thread...
  6. selecting last option in menus

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Right click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option: Hi,When I right click on the desktop and the menu appears, if I hover over any of the options, it doesn't highlight that option. It will slightly highlight the text itself when hovering but the not the whole option itself. It use to look like the first image, it would have...
  8. Issues with FLAC metadata and options menus on wmv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with FLAC metadata and options menus on wmv: Win 10 Home user here (latest update as of this writing), currently in the process of ripping a 500+ music CD collection into FLAC files for personal use. So far i'm frustrated and disappointed with WMV's way of garbling up the metadata on FLAC files, apparently on purpose....
  9. Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR

Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR: As displayed in the image, it started this morning in Lightroom but happens anywhere in Windows when I hover over things and a description is displayed. The text in the description is highlighted in Red as it is here. Any ideas on how to fix this please? [img] Edit: Just...
  10. File Explorer Crashes While Hovering Over The "New" Option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crashes While Hovering Over The "New" Option: Whenever I right-click inside a folder and mouse over the "New" option, even for just a moment, File Explorer freezes immediately, and I am forced to restart the program. I am using Microsoft Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.17763. I use an Alienware 13 R3 with an Intel(R)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Mouse no longer highlights options on right-click menu

2. stickey notes when I highlight something a new option pops up

3. options not highlighted

4. highlight windows menus