Windows 10: Options bar freezes on screen

Discus and support Options bar freezes on screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, At least once a day, when I right click to open options (such as cut, edit, etc), once I close the menu again, one of the menu options will stick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flyinjam, Mar 31, 2019.

1. flyinjam Win User

Options bar freezes on screen

Hi,

At least once a day, when I right click to open options (such as cut, edit, etc), once I close the menu again, one of the menu options will stick on my screen and not disappear until I restart the laptop. For example, at the moment, the 'cut' option is stuck on my screen! Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

:)

flyinjam, Mar 31, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Options bar freezes on screen - Similar Threads - Options bar freezes

2. Gaming PC freezes at Windows 10 choose an option screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gaming PC freezes at Windows 10 choose an option screen.: Hello,I have a Cyberpower PC that uses a Solid State Drive to boot Windows 10. The PC will try to boot up, and after about 20 minutes of this it will blue screen and reset itself. Then it will start windows automatic repair which will take me to the choose an option screen....
  3. Gaming PC freezes at Windows 10 choose an option screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming PC freezes at Windows 10 choose an option screen.: Hello,I have a Cyberpower PC that uses a Solid State Drive to boot Windows 10. The PC will try to boot up, and after about 20 minutes of this it will blue screen and reset itself. Then it will start windows automatic repair which will take me to the choose an option screen....
  4. Gaming PC freezes at Windows 10 choose an option screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Progress Bars Freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Progress Bars Freezing: Hi. I've been experiencing an issue where progress bars freeze. This does not happen all the time, and it seems to only happen when the progress bar window is minimized or another window covers it up. So far I've noticed it in windows explorer when transferring files from...
  6. On-screen bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    On-screen bar.: Why does volume bar stay on screen for a longer period of time than default? Like, when I press the volume keys, usually, a volume bar will pop on the top left and you can see the YouTube video/Spotify music that you are playing. The volume bar stays there for a short while...
  7. screen freezing

screen freezing: My screen will freeze/pause for a few seconds, several times a minute, regardless of if I'm online or offline. I bought this gaming computer with Windows 10 Pro already on it so, I have no Windows disks. Specs are as follows: HP Compaq Pro 6300 9th Gen i7 quadcore 3.4 GHz...
  8. Language bar options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language bar options: Hello, I use key sequence (Ctrl + key) for changing the input languages I use. Regularly my advanced key settings are restored to default, erased or something like this - nothing happens when I use Ctrl+key and when I go the the menu it's written "none". Also when I change...
  9. Task bar freezing

Task bar freezing: At times my task bar stops responding and so do the minimize window, alter window size, and close window commands. If I use ctrl-alt-delete to open the task manager the problem goes away for a few minutes but it always returns. I've run multiple anti-virus scanners and found...
  10. "Preparing Security Options" and freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Preparing Security Options" and freezing: Hello all! Recently, my computer freezes, my cursor moves really slow, my RGB corsair keyboard and RGB mousepad light start to move oddly, I can't close out any windows, can't click the start button..... but when I manage to CTRL-ALT-DELETE. a "preparing security options"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. OPTIONS FREEZING TO SCREEN