Windows 10: Options For Backup Hard Drive?

Discus and support Options For Backup Hard Drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Purchased last year when i could afford it a Western Digital 4TB Black Hard drive, at the time idea was to use it internally, but lately having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Options For Backup Hard Drive?

Hello Purchased last year when i could afford it a Western Digital 4TB Black Hard drive, at the time idea was to use it internally, but lately having second thoughts, as since then purchased M.2 SSD, and also Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD that i made into Game Drive, resulting in less on the Hard drive, in fact hardly using any space on it Samsung 8TB SMR drive is my current backup drive that is in external enclosure. Debating on reinstalling my old 1TB WD Black less than a year old drive as Storage drive internally, and using 4TB External in another enclosure for System Backups, as Backups are so so slow with the Samsung 8TB SMR drive, the very little data on the 4TB even with just a copy and paste, sometimes takes 6-9 hours to finish Advice Welcomed

:)

AMDMan2016, Jun 30, 2021
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Options For Backup Hard Drive?

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Options For Backup Hard Drive?

1. Options For Backup Hard Drive? - Similar Threads - Options Backup Hard

2. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  3. Backup options for transfer of hard drive to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup options for transfer of hard drive to new PC: Hello and thank you ahead of time for any input.I am building a PC with a new mobo, processor and cooler, and case. I'll be transferring my graphics card, RAM, and hard drives boots to SSD and there's a HDD for storage. I'm going from a Lenovo prebuilt PC with Lenovo mobo and...
  4. Backup options for transfer of hard drive to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup options for transfer of hard drive to new PC: Hello and thank you ahead of time for any input.I am building a PC with a new mobo, processor and cooler, and case. I'll be transferring my graphics card, RAM, and hard drives boots to SSD and there's a HDD for storage. I'm going from a Lenovo prebuilt PC with Lenovo mobo and...
  5. Backup options for transfer of hard drive to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Options For Backup Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Options For Backup Hard Drive?: Hello Purchased last year when i could afford it a Western Digital 4TB Black Hard drive, at the time idea was to use it internally, but lately having second thoughts, as since then purchased M.2 SSD, and also Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD that i made into Game Drive, resulting in...
  7. hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Customization
    hard drive backup: How do I backup my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-backup/4c142105-4de1-4e4c-a3dc-fcca8a0c8cd2
  8. Backup of files on hard drives

Backup of files on hard drives: Hello, I wish to know how to setup an incremental backup so it backs up only recently modified files on hard drives. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-of-files-on-hard-drives/6d3fbdac-3730-4c48-ae1e-29579484aa8a
  9. backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to external hard drive: The backup to external hard drive will not perform. All kinds of errors and it says it did not backup. What? Am I so stupid that I cannot tell it what drive to back up to? It wants to choose for me and then does not like it's choice. Where are the real settings so I can...
  10. Hard drive crash with no backup

Hard drive crash with no backup: Hard drive crash on PC with no backup. Do I need to buy a new license key for Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crash-with-no-backup/a8309843-ad58-4a8a-8580-9641a8fe07fa