Windows 10: Options for installing Office 2013

Discus and support Options for installing Office 2013 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, I own a copy of Office 2013 which I had installed on a previous laptop and just yesterday I spoke with MS support who gave me an activation? ID... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by bra10n, Nov 16, 2016.

1. bra10n Win User

Options for installing Office 2013

Hi,
    I own a copy of Office 2013 which I had installed on a previous laptop and just yesterday I spoke with MS support who gave me an activation? ID which allowed me to register Office on this new machine.

Only last evening I wiped the OEM install and replaced it with a clean Win10 base.

The problem is I'm not exactly sure how I managed to install Office in the first place. As I look around the menu now I have options to install Office 365 as a buy or trial but no link to install with an existing product key. I recall being asked to enter the registration key after opening Office which is when I received the message to activate by telephone.

If I try to install from the "my account web page" I receive errors if I enter the original product key and seemingly no avenue to enter the activation code I was given which is a 9-block code not 5.

Is there a solution to this or will I have to phone support again?

TIA

:)

bra10n, Nov 16, 2016

2. Lost my Office Home & Student 2013 when my computer updated Windows 10Pro

Install or reinstall Office Home and Student 2013, Office Home and Business 2013, or Office Professional 2013

For one-time purchases of Office 2013 you can install Office on only one computer. However, you may transfer Office 2013 to another computer that belongs to you if you experience a hardware failure or you buy a new computer. For more information, see the Microsoft
    License Terms for your product, or see this blog post, Office 2013 now transferable (https://blogs.office.com/2013/03/06/office-2013...).

Step 1: Sign in to My Office Account to begin installing Office 2013

Go to My Office Account (Sign in to your Microsoft account). If you're not already signed in with the Microsoft account associated with your copy of Office do that now. If you're signed in with a
    different account, sign out of that and then sign in again with the correct Microsoft account.

Tip: If your sign in was unsuccessful try signing in again with the correct account, or see "This is the right place to install and re-install Office" (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/%22Thi...)
    for a list of options, including what to try if you can't remember your Microsoft account.

In the Install Information section, select Install. This begins the process to install the 32-bit version of Office on your PC using the language you selected when you redeemed the product.

If you'd like to install the 64-bit version instead, choose Additional install options > Office (64-bit), and then select Install. If you're not sure which version you should install, see Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Choose...).

Step 2: Install and activate Office

Depending on your browser, click Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).

When you see "You're good to go", choose All done.

Screenshot of "You're good to go" screen and "All done" button signifying Office is finished installation

Start using an Office application right away by opening any app such as Word or Excel. In most cases, Office is activated once you start an application and after you click Accept to agree to the Microsoft Office License Agreement.

Office might activate automatically when you open an app, such as Word, for the first time. If it doesn't and you see the Microsoft Office Activation Wizard, follow the prompts to activate Office. If you need help with activation, see Activate Office 365, Office
    2016, or Office 2013 (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Activa...).

Andre Da Costa, Nov 16, 2016
  3. lellisj Win User
    windows 10 Error 0x80070663

Trying the "Repair" option gives the message "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 configuration did not complete successfully". Not very useful.

lellisj, Nov 16, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

That "code" you were given probably is what usually works when clicking the Activate by phone choice and reading the series of numbers to the answering person or computer.

Berton, Nov 16, 2016
  5. bra10n Win User
    Yes correct. I'm confident I can re-enter the code if I could manage to install Office 2013 someway...

Do you know if I can install Office 2013 via Office 365? If I enter the activation code afterwards does it morph into 2013 for instance?

Thanks

bra10n, Nov 16, 2016
  6. bra10n Win User
    Ok hold the phone...

I have retrieved my original Office 2013.zip from the recycle bin so fingers crossed I'm on my way.

Thank you all the same.

EDIT:
    Ok success!

Only this time after attempting to sign into my account I got a message about using the same account I originally used to activate Office. I don't understand this as I have only had 1 account and use my L: name@live.com to sign in.

Interestingly the original product key worked locally just now.

bra10n, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Options for installing Office 2013 - Similar Threads - Options installing Office

2. Office 2013 problems with excel 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 problems with excel 2013: Hi i am using excel 2013 and have a spreadsheet with two works sheets and a couple of days ago i thought i had hidden quite a few rows at the top of the sheet. But today i loaded it back up and i am not able to unhide them so i might have deleted them? But what is puzzeling...
  3. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2013: Hello, I have replaced my Win 8.1 laptop pc with a new Win Home 10S laptop and I want to transfer my licensed Office 2013. I have a key that I used to download but not sure where I got it. The product was purchased at a store. I don't see it listed in the MS Store along...
  4. Office 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office 2013: I have a PC and when I purchased it I also bought Office 2013. I upgraded the computer to Windows 10. It has a newer version of Office that I must rent. The old Office 2013 is still there. Now when I open a saved Word document, it opens it in Wordpad not Word. How do I...
  5. Office 2013 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2013 updates: I have uninstalled Office 2013. However, windows updates keeps prompting to install missing updates for Office 2013. A Microsoft technician tried to help remotely, it worked right after, but the same problem returned the next time I ran Windows update check. Even my anti...
  6. Office 2013 deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2013 deactivated: Last April (2016) I purchased Office 2013 pro from NerdsforLess and received a product key which I applied to download from MS website. A couple weeks ago this product was deactivated by MS. I could not re-apply product key either over the Internet or by phone. I talked to MS...
  7. installation of office 2013

installation of office 2013: hello i will to try to install office 2013(on line version) but the installation stuck at 61%.is there any issue with office 2013 and win 10? 78691
  8. office 2013

office 2013: So i installed my office 2013 and it i guess trying to install the update threw windows update seems like service pack 1 is stuck at 14% and never moves. any idea or way to restart the updates 12440
  9. Office 2013 updates

Office 2013 updates: Office Update Tuesday. Got these today. [img] Jim *Cool 99633
  10. MS Office 2013

MS Office 2013: I have a fully licensed copy of MS office 2013. I have been sent a word.doc attachment on an email and saved it to the HDD, but Word refuses to open it!!!! 52061