Windows 10: Options in Windows 10 Pro updates

Discus and support Options in Windows 10 Pro updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have googled a lot about this an d tried some of the solutions suggested, but no luck. I upgraded my Surface Pro 2 from 8.1 to 10 Pro..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bimbobo, Aug 11, 2015.

1. bimbobo Win User

Options in Windows 10 Pro updates

Hello,
    I have googled a lot about this an d tried some of the solutions suggested, but no luck.

I upgraded my Surface Pro 2 from 8.1 to 10 Pro.. all fine, but one of the things I am missing
    is the option that allows me to "check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them"

I tried the gpedit solutions but did not help.
    Some settings are controlled by admin and even though I chose "5" the message is still there.

Anyway can we bring back"check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" ?

Regards

:)

bimbobo, Aug 11, 2015

2. Whats the difference between Windows 10 Home and Pro?

The main difference between windows 10 home and windows10 professional is

1---there is no Domain join in windows10 home where windows10 pro supports

2---there is no Group policy management in windows10 home where windows10 pro supports

3---there is no Bitlocker option in windows 10 home where as windows10 pro supports

4---there is no remote desktop option in windows10 home where as windows10 pro supports

5---there is no device guard option in windows10 home where as windows 10 pro supports

6---dynamic lock settings is available in windows10 pro but windows10 home doesn't have it

7---max supported RAM in windows10 home is 128gb where as in windows 10 pro max supported RAM is 2TB

8---windows10 home doesn't have option to windows update for business where as windows10 pro have option to windows update for business

9---there is no hyper-v support for windows10 home where as windows10 pro supports hyper-v

10---mainly windows10 pro version focus on security and compatibility

11---the preferable update settings is way much better in windows10 pro and pro users can install updates when ever they want by stopping the update for few days with out any delay in their work

12---multiple cross sharing options is better in windows10 pro

13---those who use windows 10 pro have an option to update for windows 10 creators update of verion-1703 which supports an great features of 3d motions and pro users have an option for updating to windows10 fall creators update where it supports virtual
    reality functioning smoothly

14---windows ink feature and pen feature are way better customizable in windows 10 pro

15---windows 10 pro will give you more advanced options than windows 10 home..

raghuramvarma, Aug 11, 2015
  3. MicLes Win User
    Windows 10 Home - How to change options at Windows Update

I have Windows 10 Pro and you cannot control Updates.

The only "Pro" option is to Defer (delay) updates x months ...

MicLes, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Boozad, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Options in Windows 10 Pro updates - Similar Threads - Options Pro updates

2. Win 10 Pro install - No Update option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro install - No Update option: Hi,Have just used a DVD to install windows 10 Pro and it did install and boots up fine.Trouble is there is no option to Update in Control Panel.System only says 'Win 10 Pro' no version #.It is connected to net okay and everything else seems fine. Plenty of drive space How can...
  3. Win 10 Pro install - No Update option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Pro install - No Update option: Hi,Have just used a DVD to install windows 10 Pro and it did install and boots up fine.Trouble is there is no option to Update in Control Panel.System only says 'Win 10 Pro' no version #.It is connected to net okay and everything else seems fine. Plenty of drive space How can...
  4. Win 10 Pro install - No Update option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro No WIFI option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro No WIFI option: Windows 10 Pro shows zero option to connect to the internet via WIFI. Under all the setting I go to look, it shows ethernet, dial-up, VPN, and Proxy. Wifi doesn't pop up and a search for that only takes me to printers and scanners device settings. When trying to "fix" issues...
  6. Windows 10 Pro No WIFI option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro No WIFI option: Windows 10 Pro shows zero option to connect to the internet via WIFI. Under all the setting I go to look, it shows ethernet, dial-up, VPN, and Proxy. Wifi doesn't pop up and a search for that only takes me to printers and scanners device settings. When trying to "fix" issues...
  7. Windows 10 Pro No WIFI option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. No Sleep option Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep option Windows 10 pro: I have just installed windows 10 Pro on a new computer and there isn't a sleep option. I have looked in settings under power options - Change settings that are currently unavailable but there is NO option for sleep. Any ideas on how to get the sleep button on power options?...
  9. Best Options to Control Update Process with Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best Options to Control Update Process with Windows 10 Pro: Hello all, have been a user with old Windows 7, now learning Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1709 (fully updated at this time as a new computer) and I am slightly confused with all the ways to stop, delay, or interrupt Windows 10 Automatic Updating. This site has been exellent...
  10. Windows 10 Servicing Options for Window 10 Pro update blurb

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Servicing Options for Window 10 Pro update blurb: Hello, Running Windows 10 Pro 1511 10586.545. On the 10th the system updated : Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172729) Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 x64 Edition -...