Windows 10: Options missing from file context menu.

Discus and support Options missing from file context menu. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ClintonNelson, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Options missing from file context menu.

when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click.

***Title changed from: [missing words]***

:)

ClintonNelson, Oct 10, 2018

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Options missing from file context menu. :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Oct 10, 2018
  4. jchoong Win User

Options missing from file context menu.

Missing "delete" and "cut" option from context menu

I've look through the other posts. The suggested solutions seem risky and I wonder until now after 2 months later whether there are any better solution. However, as I restart my computer, the '"delete" and "cut" option appear again on the context menu so I guess the problem is solved.

jchoong, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Options missing from file context menu.

1. Options missing from file context menu. - Similar Threads - Options missing file

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. Missing context menu options following update

Missing context menu options following update: Hello team,Following a recent update, I am missing my context menu options. I have been able to restore the WinRAR ones via the app, but OneDrive options are limited. This is significantly impacting my workflow as I sync alot of work folders with my local machine and share...
  5. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

"Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  6. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  7. context menu print option missing for .txt files (notepad++)

in Windows 10 Support
    context menu print option missing for .txt files (notepad++): So i just ran across my txt files not having the right-click print option. pdf's do, word files do etc. Just nothing for basic old .txt files. Seems odd and the only thing I can think of is the fact i changed notepad++ to be my editor for them. Anyone know where this is...
  8. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-is-missing-the-open-option/0d7c340c-17ef-4b71-893c-e6da8327f7e2
  9. foobar2000 options missing from Window Explorer context menu

foobar2000 options missing from Window Explorer context menu: I don't have the options to play a folder or queue tracks in foobar2000 anymore in Windows Explorer context menu. I've already checked Shell Integration on foobar2000 Preferences, and "Folder context menus" box is already checked. Apparently, the foobar2000 context menu...
  10. Missing "delete" and "cut" option from context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing "delete" and "cut" option from context menu: I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and when I use the file explorer, the "delete" and "cut" is missing from the context menu when I press right-click with mouse on the file and folder. Is there anyone that knows how to add these features into the context menu because it becomes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get foobar to appeare in contect menu of file explorer

2. onedrive context menu options gone

3. missing contect menu files