Windows 10: Options to change app permissions do not show facebook messenger

Discus and support Options to change app permissions do not show facebook messenger in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Facebook messenger app installed but it will not let me change or update the app permissions for camera or microphone and because of this I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dwright29, May 16, 2020.

1. dwright29 Win User

Options to change app permissions do not show facebook messenger

I have the Facebook messenger app installed but it will not let me change or update the app permissions for camera or microphone and because of this I can not make calls or video calls from the app. I have checked the camera and microphone permissions section and the app does not show in that list either. Both camera and microphone work for every other app on the computer except this one. Any help here would be great. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, still nothing.

Options to change app permissions do not show facebook messenger 234f2a85-9fa1-4b3e-b388-209f98a8fa00?upload=true.png Options to change app permissions do not show facebook messenger efddcb01-10d6-4498-b8e8-87af1434767b?upload=true.png Options to change app permissions do not show facebook messenger bda19793-60fc-4da4-9f70-068c7bcd914b?upload=true.png

:)

dwright29, May 16, 2020
  2. thomcats Win User

I want to remove Facebook Messenger

You're quite right about the version. I'm out to kill the Facebook Messenger. Thought that possibly removing the Windows app might help, but it doesn't. Will look into the URL you suggested above. Thanks! Options to change app permissions do not show facebook messenger :)

thomcats, May 16, 2020
  3. S. Andrei Win User
    Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

Exactly the same issue for me. Notifications are 'On' but I don't see the Messenger app in the list of Apps as mentioned by OP. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it hasn't fixed the issue.

S. Andrei, May 16, 2020
  4. Options to change app permissions do not show facebook messenger

Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

Hello,

This is a problem I've been having from the very beginning. Both the Facebook and the Messenger apps do not show any notification in the action centre, the only difference being that Facebook shows notifications while the app is open but messenger
    dosent show any even then. Upon checking, I saw that the messenger app is not even listed in the list of apps in the settings menu under
    Settings>System>Notification and apps>Get notification from these senders. Facebook, however, does exist in that list. I am using windows 10 Pro 64 bit,

ShahryarSaify, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Options to change app permissions do not show facebook messenger

1. Options to change app permissions do not show facebook messenger - Similar Threads - Options change app

2. Facebook messenger app not showing on notification & actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook messenger app not showing on notification & actions: I wanted to enable the notifications on Facebook messenger 130.0.0.7.115 but it won't show on the settings. I tried restarting and reinstalling, it won't still show....
  3. Facebook messenger app not showing on notification & actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook messenger app not showing on notification & actions: I wanted to enable the notifications on Facebook messenger 130.0.0.7.115 but it won't show on the settings. I tried restarting and reinstalling, it won't still show....
  4. Facebook messenger app not showing on notification & actions

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Facebook Messenger App Logs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook Messenger App Logs: I found a folder labeled "logs" that has nearly 4gb of text documents just sitting on my PCusername>AppData>LocalLow>Messenger>logsis it safe to delete the contents of this folder? seems like a massive paperweight to me....
  6. Facebook Messenger app not opening

Facebook Messenger app not opening: Hi, I am trying to use the facebook messenger app on my windows 10 laptop. However if I try open the app nothing happens. Also if I try to go to the uninstall/change program options to repaid or uninstall the app it is not in the list of programs. It was working fine...
  7. Facebook messenger app

Facebook messenger app: The facebook messenger app keeps saying "an error has occurred when trying to get access to microphone: hardware access error" However it only says this when I try to do a video call. when I go an audio call it won't let me turn on my camera. I've made sure both are turned on...
  8. Facebook Messenger

Facebook Messenger: How do I remove facebook messenger from my desktop computer and if I do can I still get messages on my desktop (windows 10). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-messenger/6d59e6d1-b30e-4beb-b87a-9e545a37ee84
  9. facebook messenger app issue

facebook messenger app issue: My facebook messenger app is not working on my windows 10 Lumia phone. I receive this error message REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 or higher. I tried doing a soft reset to no avail as well as deleting and reinstalling the app. What else should I do?...
  10. Uninstalled Facebook & Messenger App.

Uninstalled Facebook & Messenger App.: Facebook & Messenger have not worked at all since the last two updates. They are still working on my Asus Laptop & Lumia 950xl smart phone. The apps are just not to work on my PC. Which is running Window 10 Pro. Have tried just about everything I can think of. I think it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannt change messenger permissions