Windows 10: Options to create a bootable Windows 10 iso with GPT partion

Discus and support Options to create a bootable Windows 10 iso with GPT partion in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In November 2019 A bootable Windows 10 iso was created on a computer with UEFI/GPT. The bootable Windows 10 iso couldn't be used to perform a custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zbook, Feb 11, 2020.

1. zbook Win User

Options to create a bootable Windows 10 iso with GPT partion

In November 2019 A bootable Windows 10 iso was created on a computer with UEFI/GPT.

The bootable Windows 10 iso couldn't be used to perform a custom install as the computer displayed:

Windows cannot be installed on this disk.
    The selected disk is of the GPT partition style.

Diskpart lis dis displayed MBR partition with FAT32.

Are all of these workable options?

a) conversion MBR to GPT on the flash drive without data loss
    b) conversion MBR to GPT on the flash drive with data loss
    c) command line to create GPT with FAT32 followed by copy and paste from a desktop iso
    d) Rufus or other third party software
    e) disk management
    f) other options?

The computer has MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro 11.5
    Convert MBR to GPT without data loss with a free Partition Magic

What would be the command line commands?

diskpart
    list dis (determine the disk # for the flash drive)
    select disk W (replace W with the drive # for the flash drive)
    clean
    convert GPT
    create partition primary
    format fs=FAT32 or (format fs=FAT32 quick?)
    assign
    exit

What would happen if each assign and/or active and/or quick are used or not used?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ommands/active
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ommands/assign
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...tition-primary
    Convert MBR Disk to GPT Disk in Windows 10

Would copy and paste of a desktop windows 10 iso to the flash drive then make it work as a bootable windows 10 iso GPT/FAT32?

Code:
    :)

zbook, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 11, 2020
  3. TheroxTherus, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File  

Hi geeks, I just posted this in another tutorial thread. I thought it might interest "heavy duty ISO makers" *Wink

Tutorial in question shows alternative methods to make an ISO: Windows 10 ISO image - Create from Existing Installation

Thema:

1. Options to create a bootable Windows 10 iso with GPT partion - Similar Threads - Options create bootable

2. Windows 10 iso not bootable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 iso not bootable: I wanted to switch back to windows from Kali Linux, so I downloaded the 64-bit English October 2020 update windows 10 iso and tried to burn it to a usb 8.1 gigs with BalenaEtcher. It showed a message: "Missing partition table. It looks like this is not a bootable image....
  3. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  4. How to Create ISO from Bootable USB in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Create ISO from Bootable USB in Windows 10?: Hey! I have a bootable USB with windows 10 in it. And I want to Convert that USB to ISO file. So that I can backup it for later use and can use that Pendrive for further use. Please Help!...
  5. Creating a Bootable DVD with Linux .ISO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creating a Bootable DVD with Linux .ISO: I am in need of creating a bootable DVD, whenever I put my DVD on the tray and enter it into the computer, I am greeted with a popup asking me which way I want to use this disc, 'Like a USB flash drive' or 'With a CD/DVD player'. I am trying to dual boot Linux and Windows...
  6. Creating bootable unattended ISO..

Creating bootable unattended ISO..: Hi, Is there a proper way to create an unattended bootable ISO (the methods I have tried thus far do NOT work). I have the following ISO files. 1. Windows 10 1903 ISO directly downloaded from Microsoft. 2. Windows ADK for 1903. I only took the auto answer file part from...
  7. create bootable iso for 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    create bootable iso for 1803: hi joydeep sir what tool i will use to create bootable iso for 1803 as 1809 got totally due to some bugs or isolated reported issue by customers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-bootable-iso-for-1803/57e5925e-8d7a-4f8a-b056-360d3dc43a66
  8. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable ISO file.

Unable to create Windows 10 bootable ISO file.: I am aiming to re-install Windows 10 on my laptop, as it has become grindingly slow. The laptop started out with a factory installed version of Win 7 and I then upgraded to Win 10 when you could do it for free. Now when I go to create a bootable ISO on a 16GB memory stick...
  9. DISM - Create Bootable ISO with Multiple Windows 10 Images

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    DISM - Create Bootable ISO with Multiple Windows 10 Images: How to: DISM - Create Bootable ISO with Multiple Windows 10 Images [img] Information Quite a many of us Windows geeks are in to customizing Windows install images. For instance, I like to do three different deployment / install images of the same Windows version and...
  10. ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File: How to: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File [img] Warning As Microsoft has changed the upgrade method from ESD based upgrade to a UUP based, the method told in this tutorial does not work anymore with 15xxx and later builds. Please see UUP to ISO...