Windows 10: Options to eliminate sign-in on every startup

Discus and support Options to eliminate sign-in on every startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where in the Power & Sleep settings does it refer to changes in sign-in options?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StribS, Jan 24, 2019.

1. StribS Win User

Options to eliminate sign-in on every startup

Where in the Power & Sleep settings does it refer to changes in sign-in options?

:)

StribS, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 16, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User

Hi StribS to get your PC to boot straight to the Desktop, follow these steps:

Open the Settings App

Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options

Choose to sign in with a local account

(in newer versions of Windows 10, this might be on the Your Info Settings Page)

Enter your old password and leave the new password box blank

Close the Settings App

Click your Start Button, type netplwiz and hit Enter

In the resulting dialog, uncheck the option 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box'

Click OK

That's It!

DaveM121, Dec 16, 2019
  4. StribS Win User

Dave,

In sign out options, there is no place to sign-in to my local account. It does give my local acct info. It does ask me to sign in with my MS acct.

I did notice that the "never" option was there, so I clicked on it. Subsequent restart - still had to use my local pass word to get back in.

StribS, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Options to eliminate sign-in on every startup - Similar Threads - Options eliminate sign

2. Bluescreen on every startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen on every startup: Good day. I am having recent BSOD from the past few days until now. On every bootup whenever the windows login appears it suddenly bluescreens with the error IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. I have checked the reliability monitor and apparently the WindowsPackageManagerServer.exe was...
  3. Eliminating the sign in under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eliminating the sign in under Windows 10: This is my second try for an answer to this question. The first time, I thought one of the answers worked, so I said the problem was solved. I want to eliminate the sign in on a computer that I only use without internet, at home. I know it is possible, as I have another...
  4. Eliminating the sign in under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eliminating the sign in under Windows 10: This is my second try for an answer to this question. The first time, I thought one of the answers worked, so I said the problem was solved. I want to eliminate the sign in on a computer that I only use without internet, at home. I know it is possible, as I have another...
  5. Eliminating the sign in under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Startup option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup option: I CAN NOT ACCESS TROUBLE SHOOT OPTION I get to sartup option by using one of the three methods and i press trouble shoot and then it doesn't Show the "Reset your pc" and "Advanced option" so i can't access cmd and other essential programs please help me...
  7. regard windows 10 sign in options at startup page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    regard windows 10 sign in options at startup page: hi, im using windows 10. ive setup 3 sign in options : pin + password + fingerprint sensor. whenever the startup page , it will auto shows this 3 sign in options. for security sake, i will prefer to only show 1 sign in option, esp the fingerprint sensor sign in. is...
  8. Hello Sign-in, Eliminate it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hello Sign-in, Eliminate it: How to eliminate hello sign in for our family computer windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-sign-in-eliminate-it/4c3baa70-2a63-4035-935a-b250fff7f451
  9. No sign-in at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sign-in at startup: I would like to disable signing in every time I open my computer. I use Windows 10 on a touchscreen Dell. I often simply close the lid. I am not sure what it does - as in, sleeps, hibernates, etc. When I reopen the lid and tap the power button, I am at the start screen and...
  10. Eliminate Sign-On Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Eliminate Sign-On Password: I am the only person to use my Windows 10 desktop. I would like to eliminate the password request that comes up every time I restart. Thanks, cb 78001