Windows 10: Options to recover a RAW recovery partition or create a new one

Discus and support Options to recover a RAW recovery partition or create a new one in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; While helping in another thread this computer had a recent Windows update of version 10 1909. The OS build is now 18363.720. Windows Recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zbook, Mar 16, 2020.

1. zbook Win User

Options to recover a RAW recovery partition or create a new one

While helping in another thread this computer had a recent Windows update of version 10 1909.
    The OS build is now 18363.720.
    Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management
    (the problem may have existed before the windows update)

When reagentc /info was ran it displayed disabled.
    Reagentc /enable displayed The Windows RE image was not found.

The partition structure is MBR.

Partition 4 is the recovery partition and detail partition displayed RAW.

In another TF thread f14tomcat indicated that an in place upgrade repair recreates the recovery partition.
    Way to re-create the Recovery Partition?

Minitool partition wizard has a partition recovery option.

Chkdsk /r /v has not yet been ran on the drive partitions.

What additional repair or recovery options are there for the recovery partition?

What are the advantages, disadvantages and pitfalls of each method?

If needed could the current partition be deleted and a new recovery partition be created from unallocated space with an in place upgrade repair?

Options to recover a RAW recovery partition or create a new one [​IMG]

Code:

Attachment 270709
    Attachment 270710

:)

zbook, Mar 16, 2020

2. Recover data from a RAW partition

I think you should mention that which file system you used. As per of my experience I suggest you Remo Recover utility to recover data from old hard drive. I think it will be helpful for you.

RonaldMethew, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

For awhile I had been wondering how to create a recovery partition to reinstall windows without the need do find my thumb drive or disk, or hell burn another. With that in mind i figured others would also like to know. Therefor I have created this Video (720P processing of vid can take upto 30min from orig post date stamp, quality will improve) and thread on how to create a BASIC recovery partition to install/repair a windows installation using a new or existing hard drive. Without the need to buy software.

Creating a recovery Partition

Creating and restoring from a current image​

[yt]3iZHR2q7T-8[/yt]​
    Feel free to sticky if you find it appropriate.

Solaris17, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Options to recover a RAW recovery partition or create a new one - Similar Threads - Options recover RAW

2. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a recovery partition?: Let's say I was able to download the Win10 iso from herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10I am fully aware that recovery Image and recovery drive is completely different from recovery partition - I want to have my system to gain ability of oem pc to...
  3. Recover partition after creating new partition of whole drive and quick format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover partition after creating new partition of whole drive and quick format: Hello:I would like to know if this is possible. I saw that a drive partition was lost and though it was a new one I was installing but it was not, it was one with important data. So I created on that drive a new partition and quick format, assigning a letter. When I...
  4. Options to fix RAW recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Options to fix RAW recovery partitions: This computer has two RAW recovery partitions. Partition 1 was assigned letter p: Partition 2 was assigned letter q: Chkdsk displayed: The type of the file system is RAW. Windows supports re-evaluating bad clusters on NTFS volumes only. reagentc /enable displayed:...
  5. Options to fix RAW recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    Options to fix RAW recovery partitions: This computer has two RAW recovery partitions. Partition 1 was assigned letter p: Partition 2 was assigned letter q: Chkdsk displayed: The type of the file system is RAW. Windows supports re-evaluating bad clusters on NTFS volumes only. reagentc /enable displayed:...
  6. Creating new factory reset recovery partition

Creating new factory reset recovery partition: Hi I have recently upgraded my storage drive to ssd . Before transferring my OS to SSD i deleted the 'push button reset' system partition which had windows recovery environment. Now after transferring my OS to SSD I want to create factory reset partition containing window...
  7. Options to recover a RAW recovery partition or create a new one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Options to recover a RAW recovery partition or create a new one: While helping in another thread this computer had a recent Windows update of version 10 1909. The OS build is now 18363.720. Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management (the problem may have existed before the windows update) When reagentc /info...
  8. Raw Partitions

Raw Partitions: Hi Everyone! A few days ago, I accidentally told the Ubuntu Installer to wipe my Windows 10 partition. I quit the installer, but my partition is now RAW. What is a RAW Partition? In Windows, partitions with an unknown filesystem (like my Ubuntu partition) are marked as...
  9. create recovery partition with restore option with Fn key

create recovery partition with restore option with Fn key: Is it possible to create a recovery partition or image on a PC, which could recover the PC using a Fn key during boot up ? I have a PC with a recovery partition which is for vista, which is now obsolete now Imhave moved up to Windows 10 via Windows 7.... never want to...
  10. Recovering the space of the recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovering the space of the recovery partition: I've seen references that Windows 10 does not require a recovery partition. I have a Dell Latitude E7450 with a 256GB SSD that has a 450MB rec partition. I bought it used so I dk whether it was upgraded from 7/8--probably--and the partition stayed there or was upgraded to...