Windows 10: optispeed - keeps trying to install - not intentionally downloaded?

Discus and support optispeed - keeps trying to install - not intentionally downloaded? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. Something called optispeed keeps trying to d/l itself onto my pc. The only thing I have recently d/l has been mwb3 which has installed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Barnaby44, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Barnaby44 Win User

optispeed - keeps trying to install - not intentionally downloaded?

Hello.
    Something called optispeed keeps trying to d/l itself onto my pc.
    The only thing I have recently d/l has been mwb3 which has installed perfectly and is working fine.

I suspect optispeed was attached when viewing another site and was part of an advertisement.

That all being true I intend to delete it unless it is something to do with mwb3?

Thanks

:)

Barnaby44, Dec 21, 2016
  2. RexFranze Win User

How do I uninstall OptiSpeed from trying to install on startup?

How do I uninstall OptiSpeed from trying to install on startup?

RexFranze, Dec 21, 2016
  3. How do I uninstall OptiSpeed from trying to install on startup?

Do you have any antivirus software installed?

Check Programs and Features and see whether you could find this program?

Try open Task Manager and in Startup tab, you could see programs during startup and you could find this program. Before remove it, try find the location of it and create a zip file of it and then removed it.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Dec 21, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Its a computer optimising software programme.....
    Look in Task Manager to see if its running, if so terminate.
    Then disconnect Router, restart router, restart computer to see if terminated.

dencal, Dec 21, 2016
  5. Barnaby44 Win User
    Cheers dencal I'll give that a try.

Best

Barnaby44, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. optispeed - keeps trying to install - not intentionally downloaded? - Similar Threads - optispeed keeps trying

2. Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?: when you REQUEST screen time, it always uses up the time even if i log out, so if i was given 4 hours via a request, 2 hours in I would sign out and come back in a few hours, only to see that I have run out of screen time...
  3. Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this intentional? If not, could it be fixed?: when you REQUEST screen time, it always uses up the time even if i log out, so if i was given 4 hours via a request, 2 hours in I would sign out and come back in a few hours, only to see that I have run out of screen time...
  4. Computer keeps trying to download Spotify???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps trying to download Spotify???: I'm not sure if anyone else encounters this, but whenever I go onto a different application, aka one outside of my browser, my PC occasionally pops up saying something about downloading Spotify music??? I'm using a family PC, so I need to ask so it doesn't download on its...
  5. Computer keeps trying to download Spotify???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps trying to download Spotify???: I'm not sure if anyone else encounters this, but whenever I go onto a different application, aka one outside of my browser, my PC occasionally pops up saying something about downloading Spotify music??? I'm using a family PC, so I need to ask so it doesn't download on its...
  6. 21H2 keeps on downloading and not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    21H2 keeps on downloading and not installing: I dusted of my "old" laptop with Windows 10 Home v 1909 It downloaded quite a few updates and currently is "up to date". It also downloaded v 21H2 3 times to date and it does not installThe first 2 times ,i thought it was some exterior influence, so I did it a third time.At...
  7. 21H2 keeps on downloading and not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    21H2 keeps on downloading and not installing: I dusted of my "old" laptop with Windows 10 Home v 1909 It downloaded quite a few updates and currently is "up to date". It also downloaded v 21H2 3 times to date and it does not installThe first 2 times ,i thought it was some exterior influence, so I did it a third time.At...
  8. 21H2 keeps on downloading and not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Trying to Install Epson V30 Scanner Driver But Keeps Trying to Setup/Download Unrelated App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to Install Epson V30 Scanner Driver But Keeps Trying to Setup/Download Unrelated App: So I got a scanner the other day. Went to Epson's official website to download the driver. I run it, and it keeps trying to install/open an app called "UnderCover XP". It just says "Welcome to the Undercover XP Setup Tool", and I just hit cancel as that's not what I'm trying...
  10. Program keeps trying to install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program keeps trying to install: I use this program Bruteforce save data its a program to edit ps3 save files I've been using it for years no problem, I go to use it today and run the shortcut it attempts to install the program I assumed it got uninstalled cuz I haven't used it in a month or so I quit the...