Windows 10: or this is Not required... beause started upgrade from USB stick live in Windows...?

Discus and support or this is Not required... beause started upgrade from USB stick live in Windows...? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After download media creator tool for Windows 10 20H2, in order to upgrade 2004 to 20H2, And create a DVD or USB STICK with Windows 10 20H2 If start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeonidasSavvides, Dec 19, 2020.

1. or this is Not required... beause started upgrade from USB stick live in Windows...?

After download media creator tool for Windows 10 20H2, in order to upgrade 2004 to 20H2,

And create a DVD or USB STICK with Windows 10 20H2

If start Windows 10 2004, insert USB stick and start the setup of windows 10 20H2,... required having boot order first USB stick after SSD... in case required many restarts to upgrade, to find usb stick.... or this is Not required... beause started upgrade from USB stick live in Windows...?

:)

LeonidasSavvides, Dec 19, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 19, 2020
  3. qq107 Win User
    Is formatting required during clean install from USB stick?

I bought a new SSD drive and used it to replace my old slow HDD in my laptop. I have just successfully installed windows 10 on it.

During the step shown in the picture below, I clicked on "New"

or this is Not required... beause started upgrade from USB stick live in Windows...? [​IMG]

Which brought me to this step

or this is Not required... beause started upgrade from USB stick live in Windows...? [​IMG]

From here, i just chose "Drive 0 Partition 4", clicked "Next", and the installation began.

Now here is my question, does it make a difference (or is it better) if I had chosen to format "Drive 0 Partition 4" first and then install? cuz my friend is saying that I should always format before installing Windows.

Thanks

Pictures courtesy of tenforums

qq107, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

or this is Not required... beause started upgrade from USB stick live in Windows...?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

or this is Not required... beause started upgrade from USB stick live in Windows...?

1. or this is Not required... beause started upgrade from USB stick live in Windows...? - Similar Threads - required beause started

2. Error booting from a USB stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error booting from a USB stick?: I have an 8gb botbar USB stick with Windows 10, when I plug it into my PC and want to boot from it, the message like in this picture appears. What can I do? I can't find the right solution. Thanks in advance! Picture source:...
  3. Running Win 10 as a 'Live' OS from a USB stick.

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Win 10 as a 'Live' OS from a USB stick.: Here's a question. With Linux, you can download an image to a USB stick and run the OS off the USB - a so-called 'live' session - i.e. you don't need to install anything. You switch the machine off and pull the USB stick and your PC is back to how it was before - presumably...
  4. usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility

in Windows 10 Support
    usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility: i made bootable usb stick using winsetupfromusb.exe, content multiple useful tools, such hirenbcd, ubcd, antivirus, tails... and many *.iso. few days ago, i was messing around ubcd tools and ended ruined my boot usb repair tool. all data and iso are intact, all subfolder...
  5. Upgrade to windows 10 with used USB stick.

Upgrade to windows 10 with used USB stick.: I want to upgrade a computer from windows 7 to 10. I have another computer that I installed windows 10 on when I built it. I still have the USB stick that came with that copy of windows. Can I use the same stick to upgrade the other computer? I don't have another USB stick to...
  6. USB stick requirements

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB stick requirements: I want to download the 64 bit version of windows 10 pro for my new pc but my usb stick only has 7,45GB space. Is it enough? submitted by /u/NickAlpha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e5fur1/usb_stick_requirements/
  7. Booting Windows 7 from a USB stick

Booting Windows 7 from a USB stick: In Windows 7, which option do I choose to boot my laptop from a usb stick - USB Key, USB FDD or USB HDD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-windows-7-from-a-usb-stick/aa67b3fd-54d6-4220-b2ca-ed65acb9caf2
  8. Fully reinstall windows from a usb stick

Fully reinstall windows from a usb stick: I have been having problems with windows, so support has told me to reinstall windows externally from a usb stick. How do I do that? I am also stuck as to how I completely uninstall it aswell. Any help is greatly appreciated...
  9. boot from USB stick?

in Windows 10 Support
    boot from USB stick?: Hi All, I just purchased a new windows 10, which came as a USB Flash stick and Im curious if I can use it as an emergency boot USB? in case computer wont boot normally? Thnx! 21792
  10. Is formatting required during clean install from USB stick?

Is formatting required during clean install from USB stick?: I bought a new SSD drive and used it to replace my old slow HDD in my laptop. I have just successfully installed windows 10 on it. During the step shown in the picture below, I clicked on "New" [img] Which brought me to this step [img] From here, i just chose...