Windows 10: Oracle Virtual Box --How to get Win 7 x64 ver it only says x32

Discus and support Oracle Virtual Box --How to get Win 7 x64 ver it only says x32 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Everyone! In my earlier thread Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10 (which last posted in November---so I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tenacious, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Tenacious Win User

Oracle Virtual Box --How to get Win 7 x64 ver it only says x32

Hi Everyone!

In my earlier thread Old programs from Windows 7 and XP not compatable with Windows 10 (which last posted in November---so I decided to make a new thread so we can continue conversation so many months later) Ztruker made a suggestion...and it took a while for me to prepare the computer to be able to follow it!

Thank you Ztrucker for your help! *Thumbs

I finally
    Yes ! Finally caught up to the point where I could follow your link from November 2018 and install Oracle Virtual Box! (more about that later)
    I installed yesterday the Newest version of Oracle VirtualBox just released yesterday! 6.0.2 minor maintenance release

Questions
    I did regular set up hope its ok

How do I now install Windows 7 Professional on Oracle?

These are Questions for "Windows 10 Forum---not specially for the Oracle Community to answer!

Question 1:
    What Product Key do I use? My old one from old computer? It has been changed 3x--I have no idea what it is now...
    I can try one of the three I get three tries anyway right before Microsoft's Windows Genuine whatever it is called today program (if I recall this correctly ) locks me out!

Question 2:
    I clicked on "new" and got a menu with Windows 7 in it..
    But that drop down menu ONLY shows the windows 7 32 bit version!

See attached inline screenshot (which appears at end of this post as I forgot how to get it inserted here!)

I needed the Windows 7 64 bit to run in current laptop with x64 bit core processors

But I'm curious... does running the Oracle VirtualBox sap; some of the speed or power from the Motherboard core chips so they run only at 32 bit speed?

Then I guess I have to go purchase a Windows 32 bit OS
    I only have the Windows 64 bit Upgrade version of Installation disk!!

Now what do I do? (Do i create a iso? from what source disk if I only have the Windows 7 Professional Upgrade disk for x64! Its not the whole installation disk! ?)

Question 3:
    I don't know if you need to know this to provide answers about the missing x64 version of Windows 7...
    I had problems installing the Oracle Virtual Box...it looks like its working now (but I can't tell as I don't have any OS's installed yet !)
    But I got "fatal error" once
    I got "disconnecting network interface" now....I hope it reestablished it properly....looks ok as I've been using the web and email since then without problems...
    For example: Do you know how to "answer" this one:"

"Warning: Network Interfaces:
    "Installing the Oracle VM VirtualBox 6.0.2 Networking feature will reset your network connection and temporarily disconnect you from the network"
    "Proceed with installation now?"

I did not know so I just said "yes" and it installed Oracle VM....

[Some history of the computer itself--as I mentioned I'd have to say it somewhere here so you know what has been going on...still considered a "newbie" to Windows 10....yes its been a while since I replied here

I had to do many things before Windows 10 was ready for Oracle Virtual Box

Today, just copied backup; for first time...verified it..all looks ok (did it twice to be certain)

8 hrs each time

Lots of data

And then I had to change screen and finally keyboard as both were not working well from the old Windows 7 laptop so I got all items designed from Dell and Microsoft to work with Windows 10 specifically (x64 too)

--------end of the boring History stuff--which I gave just in case I did something wrong that is causing the Oracle VirtualBox to behave differently...and only show me x32 choices for my x64 machine!]

Thanks for suggestions everyone!

:)

Tenacious, Jan 16, 2019

2. Windows 10 and Oracle VM virtual box

After up grading to Win 10 will my Oracle VM continue to work. I have it installed on Win 8.1 with XP running in the virtual box. I use the XP for some older programs I need and I don't want to loose it when upgrading to Win 10. Also I really don't
    want to have to reinstall the virtual box if Win 10 wipes it out.

MIKE and LISAMICELI, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Win 7 x32 to Win 10 home x64

Hello, I would like to ask you, is it possible to upgrade from genuine Win 7 x32 Home Premium to Windows 10 x64 Home?

Because I have 6gb's of ram, and with 32 bits it's only 4 of it is usable.

Lukas Valaika, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Oracle Virtual Box --How to get Win 7 x64 ver it only says x32

Windows 10 and Oracle VM virtual box

From what I understand you must first update Oracle box to the 5.0 version. I did it and its painless, just go to the web site and download the upgrades. Then Win 10 will run the new virtual box, in fact it would be wise to make sure all your software
    is up to date before upgrading to 10. I have heard that all will run in 10 including Oracle VM, but I am not upgrading at this time.

I run some graphic software from XP in the VM and I need this for what I do. I do not want to spend the time reloading everything if it doesn't work, its just not worth it to me to do the upgrade.

I have loaded "Classic Shell" start program on my 8.1 so it looks like 7 and all works fine. "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

Mike

MIKE and LISAMICELI, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Oracle Virtual Box --How to get Win 7 x64 ver it only says x32

1. Oracle Virtual Box --How to get Win 7 x64 ver it only says x32 - Similar Threads - Oracle Virtual Box

2. Oracle Virtual Box on Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oracle Virtual Box on Azure: Hi Guys,I tried to run Kali on Oracle Virtual Box in Azure. Even after enabling hyeper-v virtual box is keep saying enable hyper-v. And I am using Dv3 size only. Host OS is windows 10 Enterprise.Is Azure stopped supporting to use of oracle virtual box?...
  3. Oracle Virtual Box on Azure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Oracle Virtual Box on Azure: Hi Guys,I tried to run Kali on Oracle Virtual Box in Azure. Even after enabling hyeper-v virtual box is keep saying enable hyper-v. And I am using Dv3 size only. Host OS is windows 10 Enterprise.Is Azure stopped supporting to use of oracle virtual box?...
  4. Oracle Virtual Box on Azure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 Pro and Oracle Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro and Oracle Virtual Box: I am attempting to install Oracle Virtual Box on my Window 11 Pro Licensed Laptop. Do I need to purchase a second license for the Virtual machine or can I use the license that was purchased for the original machine?...
  6. Windows 11 Pro and Oracle Virtual Box

Windows 11 Pro and Oracle Virtual Box: I am attempting to install Oracle Virtual Box on my Window 11 Pro Licensed Laptop. Do I need to purchase a second license for the Virtual machine or can I use the license that was purchased for the original machine?...
  7. Unable to install Oracle's virtual box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Oracle's virtual box: Recently I did a fresh install of windows 11 and I'm currently on Build 22538I was using the virtual box for many days to run LinuxBy that time, my memory integrity was dissabled due to few unsupported drivers.But after the fresh install, I was abale to tuen it on and so did...
  8. Unable to install Oracle's virtual box

Unable to install Oracle's virtual box: Recently I did a fresh install of windows 11 and I'm currently on Build 22538I was using the virtual box for many days to run LinuxBy that time, my memory integrity was dissabled due to few unsupported drivers.But after the fresh install, I was abale to tuen it on and so did...
  9. Bluetooth and Oracle Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth and Oracle Virtual Box: I recently lost sound in Win10 with Bluetooth headphones all I was getting was stuttering sound , strangely after a few days of stuffing around I decided to try Win 7 through Oracle Virtual Box and bingo headphones work . If I minimize Win7 the sound still plays from music...
  10. Conversion of x64 to x32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Conversion of x64 to x32: My system works slow on 64bit computer as the ram is 1.25GB so I want to convert it into 32bit.... Is there any option how I can convert x64 to x32 without using any CD or DVD Plzz help......