Windows 10: Oracle Virtual Box on Azure

Discus and support Oracle Virtual Box on Azure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys,I tried to run Kali on Oracle Virtual Box in Azure. Even after enabling hyeper-v virtual box is keep saying enable hyper-v. And I am using Dv3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sheik Ahammadalisha, May 17, 2023.

1. Oracle Virtual Box on Azure

Hi Guys,I tried to run Kali on Oracle Virtual Box in Azure. Even after enabling hyeper-v virtual box is keep saying enable hyper-v. And I am using Dv3 size only. Host OS is windows 10 Enterprise.Is Azure stopped supporting to use of oracle virtual box?

:)

Sheik Ahammadalisha, May 17, 2023

2. Can I install Garuda Linux in an Azure VM ?

Hi everyone,

I want to use Garuda Linux on my Azure VM by either using an ORACLE VIRTUALBOX or ANY OTHER suitable way.

But for that I need Hyper-V which is not available in any Azure VMs. I know nested virtualization exists, but I tried various VM sizes, Ds2_v3, e-series and almost everyone, none of them have it.

And I have read this documentation - Run Hyper-V in a Virtual Machine with Nested Virtualization | Microsoft Learn

in one of the steps, it says While the virtual machine is in the OFF state, run the following command on the physical Hyper-V host. Here, what is this physical hyper-v host? My laptop? or the Azure Data Centre ?

I couldn't figure out.

So can you please let me know the complete configuration of Azure VM -

• Which VM size to use
    • Any additional settings during VM creation
    • Region to choose
    • Settings to do in the VM itself
    so that I can use Oracle Virtualbox to install Garuda Linux.

If nested virtualization is not possible, suggest any alternative way to install Garuda linux on the VM.

Aansh Ojha, May 17, 2023
  3. Windows 11 Pro and Oracle Virtual Box

I am attempting to install Oracle Virtual Box on my Window 11 Pro Licensed Laptop.

Do I need to purchase a second license for the Virtual machine or can I use the license that was purchased for the original machine?

LesterLewis2, May 17, 2023
  4. Oracle Virtual Box on Azure

Unable to install Oracle's virtual box

Yeah, But from their official webpage, I came to know that, Windows11 is further optimised with more security features. They have modified the OS a bit for the TPM2.0 and external contents(USB, data trans.), new installiations etc will be gated through that tpm.

Oracle's virtual box isn't optimised for it, this requires direct contact with ports and it builds internal ethernet with host. TMP finds it as a threat!

Oracle's community has further promised for release of an compactable version within this october following the launch of windows11.

Further, I've been using vmware workstation 16 player for few days and it's a really good substitute for Oracle's

Shreehari.S, May 17, 2023
Thema:

Oracle Virtual Box on Azure

1. Oracle Virtual Box on Azure - Similar Threads - Oracle Virtual Box

2. Oracle Virtual Box on Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oracle Virtual Box on Azure: Hi Guys,I tried to run Kali on Oracle Virtual Box in Azure. Even after enabling hyeper-v virtual box is keep saying enable hyper-v. And I am using Dv3 size only. Host OS is windows 10 Enterprise.Is Azure stopped supporting to use of oracle virtual box?...
  3. Oracle Virtual Box on Azure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Oracle Virtual Box on Azure: Hi Guys,I tried to run Kali on Oracle Virtual Box in Azure. Even after enabling hyeper-v virtual box is keep saying enable hyper-v. And I am using Dv3 size only. Host OS is windows 10 Enterprise.Is Azure stopped supporting to use of oracle virtual box?...
  4. Windows 11 Pro and Oracle Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro and Oracle Virtual Box: I am attempting to install Oracle Virtual Box on my Window 11 Pro Licensed Laptop. Do I need to purchase a second license for the Virtual machine or can I use the license that was purchased for the original machine?...
  5. Windows 11 Pro and Oracle Virtual Box

Windows 11 Pro and Oracle Virtual Box: I am attempting to install Oracle Virtual Box on my Window 11 Pro Licensed Laptop. Do I need to purchase a second license for the Virtual machine or can I use the license that was purchased for the original machine?...
  6. Unable to install Oracle's virtual box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Oracle's virtual box: Recently I did a fresh install of windows 11 and I'm currently on Build 22538I was using the virtual box for many days to run LinuxBy that time, my memory integrity was dissabled due to few unsupported drivers.But after the fresh install, I was abale to tuen it on and so did...
  7. Unable to install Oracle's virtual box

Unable to install Oracle's virtual box: Recently I did a fresh install of windows 11 and I'm currently on Build 22538I was using the virtual box for many days to run LinuxBy that time, my memory integrity was dissabled due to few unsupported drivers.But after the fresh install, I was abale to tuen it on and so did...
  8. Bluetooth and Oracle Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth and Oracle Virtual Box: I recently lost sound in Win10 with Bluetooth headphones all I was getting was stuttering sound , strangely after a few days of stuffing around I decided to try Win 7 through Oracle Virtual Box and bingo headphones work . If I minimize Win7 the sound still plays from music...
  9. Solving Boot loop of Windows 10 In Oracle Virtual Box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Solving Boot loop of Windows 10 In Oracle Virtual Box: Hello, As the title implies, I'm looking to solve the bootloop problem of Windows 10 within Virtual Box. Anyone can provide help or tips ? thanks, Habib....
  10. oracle virtual box won't show 64 bit options

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    oracle virtual box won't show 64 bit options: Hi, I tried creating a kali linux 64-bit on my virtualbox, but it won't let me pick 64-bit options, only 32-bit and what I downloaded is 64 bit... I was told to shut down the hyper-v in windows features but turns out it was already off... any ideas?? thanks! 89413