Windows 10: Orange Screen of Death

Discus and support Orange Screen of Death in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone tell me what the difference is between a BSOD and an orange SOD? I tried to find an answer on the internet, and if I had a BMW or a Mac or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gregyurkon, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Orange Screen of Death

Can someone tell me what the difference is between a BSOD and an orange SOD? I tried to find an answer on the internet, and if I had a BMW or a Mac or an iPhone I'd have found it, but since I have Windows 10, I can't find an answer.

:)

gregyurkon, Nov 11, 2015

2. BSOD and OSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Seems to be caused by tcpip.sys & ntoskrnl.exe

Just deleted and reinstall the Killer Network Driver. Were all bluescreens and the orange screen of death caused by this driver? I was told the orange screen of death is caused by graphics or display problems.

DeclanLubbersen, Nov 11, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Orange screen of death

I suppose everyone knows what the 'orange screen of death' is, so no need to explain.

Do you still have the 'orange screen of death' problem when you use a different monitor?

BulldogXX, Nov 11, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Orange Screen of Death

It has been around for a while, since Windows 7 came out. Rarely do you get that one. It is usually caused by a major hardware failure with the display or GPU.

bro67, Nov 11, 2015
  5. Thanks for the speedy answer. I was hoping for a little more information, but considering how much information I can provide about something which happened in September....*Smile

gregyurkon, Nov 11, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    There really is no further information on that screen, because Microsoft has never been open on exactly what the screen is about. You can provide all that you want to. But it will not do any good, because once again, Microsoft has always kept a tight lid on that problem.

The only thing that they have stated is that it deals with the Display.

bro67, Nov 11, 2015
  7. I guess that's why I couldn't find anything with Yahoo.

gregyurkon, Nov 11, 2015
  8. Almighty1 Win User

Orange Screen of Death

Almighty1, Nov 12, 2015
  9. bro67 Win User
    Does not do anything, because that screen is one that Microsoft has never disclosed as to why it is related to the GPU and Display driver.

It has been used since XP SP3 came out. Basically it is an Easter egg.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Orange Screen of Death

1. Orange Screen of Death - Similar Threads - Orange Screen Death

2. Screen colour making everything a bit orange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen colour making everything a bit orange: My Toshiba Satellite laptop screen has become slightly orange, making it very difficult to edit photos without them coming out a bit green. Is there a way of correcting this? I haven't got the night mode on, I figured I might have reduced the blue light being displayed, but I...
  3. How to fix Windows 10 Orange Screen of Death

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Windows 10 Orange Screen of Death: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Though uncommon, the Windows 10 Orange Screen of Death is one of the issues where hardware is the culprit, and it is majorly caused by GPU issues. If you face this stop error, here is how you can fix this [...] This post How to fix Windows 10 Orange Screen...
  4. Video tdr failure, orange screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video tdr failure, orange screen of death: Recently i started playing Apex legends, and after i start the game i get this. I tried updating my driversbut the problem still persists. My laptop specs are i7700 hq 1050 4gb and 8 gigs of ram....
  5. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup: I'm having a problem with a desktop PC running Windows 10. It had been working fine, but a few days ago, it restarted on its own, and is now booting up to an orange screen with vertical white lines. The desktop is a refurbished Dell Precision T3400. It originally ran...
  6. Orange screen with white stripes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Orange screen with white stripes: Hi! I've recently installed Windows 10 x32 on my laptop using a DVD. I want to upgrade to x64 (and yes, this laptop is compatible with x64. In fact, it used to be x64) but everytime I boot into the x64 DVD, it just displays an empty blinking underline for a couple of minutes...
  7. Orange and Pink Screen of Death after Hibernate

Orange and Pink Screen of Death after Hibernate: Hello. My new (refurbished) laptop (HP Zbook15 generation 3) has had several orange (and less often pink) screen of death errors. This occurs when waking the computer up after hibernating it. It has happened since I got it (before adding any software of my own). For...
  8. ORANGE SCREEN OF DEATH DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUALL WINDOWS 10 BUILD 17134

ORANGE SCREEN OF DEATH DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUALL WINDOWS 10 BUILD 17134: EN-EN I didn't think there was another windows error screen than the conventional BSOD, but today I saw an orange screen of death, below I have the specifications of the dump file, this is the first time that I saw one of this type: PT-BR Eu achava que não existia uma...
  9. Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen of Death: Hi guys, hoping to get some help here. My laptop did an update about 2 weeks ago. My computer started running slow immediately afterwards and finally crashes. When I try to do 3 hard restarts it goes to repair mode and then the black screen of death for over 24 hours. I've...
  10. Blue/Orange screen errors

Blue/Orange screen errors: Hey everyone, So a month ago I bought my first PC and since day 1 I have been getting a bunch of random BSOD errors (and some orange SODs as well). I am using an ASUS Zenbook UX303UB, and these are some of the errors I've gotten: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT...