Windows 10: Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

Discus and support Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with a desktop PC running Windows 10. It had been working fine, but a few days ago, it restarted on its own, and is now booting up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AVarg1, Dec 18, 2018.

1. AVarg1 Win User

Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

I'm having a problem with a desktop PC running Windows 10. It had been working fine, but a few days ago, it restarted on its own, and is now booting up to an orange screen with vertical white lines.

The desktop is a refurbished Dell Precision T3400. It originally ran Windows 7, but it was updated to Windows 10 during the free update period. My brother got the computer a few years ago. I tried checking the tech support website from the company that refurbished the desktop, but it seems to be down (support.astsys.com) so I thought I'd try my luck here.

I've seen a lot of tips online that this is probably an issue with Bitlocker, however Bitlocker was never set up on this system to the best of my knowledge. (I don't believe I've ever heard the word Bitlocker before I started looking for help with this issue.) The desktop usually needs a password to be entered at startup, but I think that's the typical Windows 10 log-on screen prompt for username and password. Either way, entering the login password does nothing. The screen goes black, then after a while the orange screen comes back up.

I can access the boot menu and setup options. Ran a memory test, and that didn't fix anything, but I did get a message that there is no recovery partition set up on the hard drive.

Any ideas?

:)

AVarg1, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Orange screen with white vertical lines win 10

Hi,

This can occur if there was a problem with the hard drive itself, caused by installing another operating system that the computer might have encountered error while doing so. Since it is showing you an orange screen with vertical lines, we suggest contacting
    your device's manufacturer directly to have them diagnosed the hard drive that caused the issue.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Orange screen with white vertical lines win 10

Hello im using lenovo ideapad i3 i installed win 10works perfectly then i tried to install win 7 via usb then cd dvd driver is missing and when i turned my pc its showing boot error code oxc000000f then i burned new win 10with usb and its showing orange
    screen with vertical lines now i cannot installs any windows repair screen not appearing in new win 10 what should i do

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers]

supumishra, Dec 18, 2018
  4. SimplyInk Win User

Windows 10 Shows Orange Screen with White Vertical Lines on boot

Orange Screen (See picture below) appears on boot after Dell loading screen.

• Dell Inspiron 580 w dual monitors
    • Dell Bios is latest version (A07)
    • Nvidia GeForce 310 (Driver version 341.95 - latest)
    • BitLocker enabled with no TPM
    • Hyper-V enabled

Surprisingly, I can key in my BitLocker password at this orange screen and startup Windows... (Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup o_O)\

If I suspend BitLocker this screen does not appear; but after I enabled it, the orange screen comes back again.

I found these messages in Event Log, maybe they will be helpful:

• (Warning) The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000.
    • (Error) The required GPU resources could not be accessed. This server cannot run as a RemoteFX host without a GPU. Verify that the GPU is correctly installed.

Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup KGNmd.jpg

Screenshot of Disk Management

Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup n8C5E.png

SimplyInk, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup - Similar Threads - Orange screen vertical

2. white lines around shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    white lines around shortcut: does anyone know how to remove this, thing? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-lines-around-shortcut/57b3c21c-714e-4d34-a585-a3163655d590
  3. Orange screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Orange screen of death: I just got the orange screen of death at startup this week. When I tried just entering my password, the screen went black and then back to the orange screen with white stripes. Are there other suggestions for getting past this?...
  4. Glitching vertical lines

Glitching vertical lines: Sometimes, mostly while browsing, I see a glitch (Example here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D_5z0tmhwXsQx-rqnMlsfHflScuvo2F7 ). It appears randomly and usually disappears after a moment. But today I found a site where the glitch can be easily seen for as long as you...
  5. White screen with lines Windows 10 Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    White screen with lines Windows 10 Problem: Laptop: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx When windows boots my desktop I see the HP logo and then later it turns white with some black lines. It stays like this for a few seconds (maybe 30 seconds) and comes back to normal (I am able to log in etc). Also another...
  6. Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen

Lines of Green Vertical Pixels Across Desktop Home Screen: Hello, so I've had issues with a vertical lines of green pixels across my desktop home screen. I have narrowed down the issue to either my motherboard or the OS (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit). It isn't the gpu since I have uninstalled it plugged in a displayport into the motherboard...
  7. Orange screen with white stripes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Orange screen with white stripes: Hi! I've recently installed Windows 10 x32 on my laptop using a DVD. I want to upgrade to x64 (and yes, this laptop is compatible with x64. In fact, it used to be x64) but everytime I boot into the x64 DVD, it just displays an empty blinking underline for a couple of minutes...
  8. White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode: Hi all! I was literally arguing with one of Xidax's technicians recently about some sort of weird screen error I was getting when my laptop woke from sleep. Image attached. (White screen with vertical lines and the cursor turns into a white block). I gave them a...
  9. Computer easily freeze with colored vertical lines on screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer easily freeze with colored vertical lines on screen: It started some days ago when I played Overwatch and my computer suddenly freeze(with the vertical lines on screen mentioned above).After this I couldn't play some games(the expectations are games requiring really low performance like The Binding of Isaac or Town of Salem)...
  10. Orange Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    Orange Screen of Death: Can someone tell me what the difference is between a BSOD and an orange SOD? I tried to find an answer on the internet, and if I had a BMW or a Mac or an iPhone I'd have found it, but since I have Windows 10, I can't find an answer. 29531

Users found this page by searching for:

1. orange screen with white vertical lines on start up

2. orange with white verrtycal

3. orange screen with white lines windows 10