Windows 10: Orange screen with white stripes when trying to install Windows 10 over Ubuntu.

Discus and support Orange screen with white stripes when trying to install Windows 10 over Ubuntu. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The title pretty much says it all. I bought a brand new PC that came with Ubuntu installed and when I try to install W10 from the USB stick, I get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FatLuzard, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Orange screen with white stripes when trying to install Windows 10 over Ubuntu.

The title pretty much says it all. I bought a brand new PC that came with Ubuntu installed and when I try to install W10 from the USB stick, I get an orange screen with white stripes. Every guide I found said it was caused by Bitlocker and that it would go away after typing the password but how am I going to do that when I didn't even get the chance to set it yet.

submitted by /u/FatLuzard
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FatLuzard, Dec 7, 2019

2. Bitlocker login with orange screen and white stripes

It is an orange screen with white stripes and appears at boot. I can enter the bitlocker password blind and it does boot. I already have the clean install and it worked on the 2 other machines but this one is still giving me problems. I can try suspending
    bitlocker and then starting it again but we need to use encryption. Do you have any other suggestions?

standrewlu, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Bitlocker login with orange screen and white stripes

Hi,

Even i am running into the same orange screen with white stripe issue.

I have bitlocker enabled on my PC as well. Its a Dell, i5, windows 10 laptop.

Sachesh Chandrangathan, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Orange screen with white stripes when trying to install Windows 10 over Ubuntu.

Bitlocker login with orange screen and white stripes

Okay, I have had a number of these in the past week but am having trouble with this last machine. I have 3 computers with the following specs:

Dell Optiplex 390

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core i3 - 2100 CPU

4 GB RAM

All encrypted with bitlocker

At the last windows update of KB3172985 they are rebooting to an orange screen with white stripes. I contacted Microsoft support and was provided with a link to an iso file to install the following: Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3116278).

This worked fine on two machines but this final machine still boots to the orange screen. Any ideas?

standrewlu, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Orange screen with white stripes when trying to install Windows 10 over Ubuntu.

1. Orange screen with white stripes when trying to install Windows 10 over Ubuntu. - Similar Threads - Orange screen white

2. White window when trying to log-in in apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White window when trying to log-in in apps: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Name11ess [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/esikli/white_window_when_trying_to_login_in_apps/
  3. Why does the laptop screen goes black-white-orange multicolor for about a second when there...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does the laptop screen goes black-white-orange multicolor for about a second when there...: I have attached the screenshot below. Let's say I had a program running on MATLAB and I see this screen whenever there is an error. Like these, there are a couple of instances when I get to see this screen with other bugs not just MATLAB. Is it related to sticky keys? I am...
  4. My pc is locked to the wrong resolution, has white stripes all over it and can’t detect my...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc is locked to the wrong resolution, has white stripes all over it and can’t detect my...: I’m running windows 10 64-bit. My pc froze yesterday and displayed different colors with white marks in it (pic1). After i restarted my computer it went back to normal and didn’t freeze. Then today it froze similar to the one yesterday and i tried restarting it again. After...
  5. Orange screen - Window 10

Orange screen - Window 10: Since yesterday, my Dell PC is just showing Orange screen and I am not even able to restart or get into Bios setting. I appreciate help to bring it back to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/orange-screen-window-10/aa071071-b29f-4744-a7d2-0b6c80a3c87b
  6. Deleted Windows, while trying to install Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted Windows, while trying to install Ubuntu: I was trying to install Ubuntu side by side with windows, and accidentally deleted the windows os that came with my pc. How can I reinstall windows and can I use the license that came with this pc?...
  7. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup: I'm having a problem with a desktop PC running Windows 10. It had been working fine, but a few days ago, it restarted on its own, and is now booting up to an orange screen with vertical white lines. The desktop is a refurbished Dell Precision T3400. It originally ran...
  8. Orange screen with white stripes

Orange screen with white stripes: Hi! I've recently installed Windows 10 x32 on my laptop using a DVD. I want to upgrade to x64 (and yes, this laptop is compatible with x64. In fact, it used to be x64) but everytime I boot into the x64 DVD, it just displays an empty blinking underline for a couple of minutes...
  9. Win10 tablet with moving white stripes on screen (img in thread)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win10 tablet with moving white stripes on screen (img in thread): [img] Video examples: VID 20180206 141650 Sorry about the terrible title description, but I don't know how else to describe it. Please see the attched photo & video above. The device is a LINX - 12X64 12.5" Tablet & Keyboard (Win10 tablet) and I've had it for less...
  10. Re-installing Windows 10 over Ubuntu

Re-installing Windows 10 over Ubuntu: A friend of mine installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my laptop because he thought it would make it faster but I have almost know knowledge of the operating system so its been pretty horrible. I made a boot USB drive using the windows media creation tool and set my toshiba's boot system...