Windows 10: Order of 'power on' on a network

Discus and support Order of 'power on' on a network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 version 1909 machines on a wireless network. One is home and the other is Pro both MS accounts. Both work just fine on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JJG10, Feb 13, 2020.

1. JJG10 Win User

Order of 'power on' on a network

I have two Windows 10 version 1909 machines on a wireless network. One is home and the other is Pro both MS accounts. Both work just fine on the internet

If I turn on machine 1 first and then machine 2, neither can see the other. However, if I then reboot 1 they both can see each other and share files The problem apparently exists with the order of power on's.

Has anyone experienced this? Help if you can.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Order of 'power on' on a network :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Feb 13, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

Hope for sure it is the Power Supply without testing it and the checking the Graphics Card.

jds63, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Order of 'power on' on a network - Similar Threads - Order 'power on'

2. Changing service order at boot network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing service order at boot network: Hello,I have a little problem on windows 11. My PC boot fast, really fast. The problem is that network starts too late. Must wait a few second after boot for the network card to get the IP. It is a problem for some software that wants to update at start, but they start before...
  3. Changing service order at boot network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing service order at boot network: Hello,I have a little problem on windows 11. My PC boot fast, really fast. The problem is that network starts too late. Must wait a few second after boot for the network card to get the IP. It is a problem for some software that wants to update at start, but they start before...
  4. How to Change the order of the Network Adapters in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Change the order of the Network Adapters in Windows 11: I wanna set wifi for internet by default rather than ethernet.I reference to these...
  5. Any way to change active network order in Network & Sharing center?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Any way to change active network order in Network & Sharing center?: Windows inconsistencies drive me bonkers. I have two wireless radios (like most) a 2.4 and a 5. I have them on separate SSID's for several reasons, most important is due to band steering being awful - but thats another discussion entirely. At the moment when I connect to...
  6. power sequence order?

in Windows 10 Support
    power sequence order?: Hi, I have a lenovo thinkpad 10 windows tablet in my car for media/sat-nav. I would like to arrange a sequence for power shutdown if possible? The first power state to initiate would be sleep. This is initiated by the tablet losing power when the ignition is switched off....
  7. Startup order of a Network

Startup order of a Network: I have my wireless network setup for over 6 years and it has worked just fine for all this time. Except for this awkward problem. the network consist of two machines, a desktop running W10 Home build 1909 and a laptop W10 Pro build 1909. If I turn on the desktop first and...
  8. Sort order of drives / network folders in This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort order of drives / network folders in This PC: Hi there, Having recently moved over from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I have just about got everything sorted the way I like. I have not, however, managed to get the sort order of the drives in This PC sorted as I would like. I realise that this is not the biggest issue anyone...
  9. Workgroup access depends on the order computers are powered up

Workgroup access depends on the order computers are powered up: The following scenario is happening to my workgroup. I have two Windows 10 machines, call them A and B. I power up machine A and log in, and then I power up machine B and log in. A can see and access the shared files on B, and print to B's printer. But machine B does not show...
  10. Changing the Display Order of Network Connections

Changing the Display Order of Network Connections: This is going to sound very petty and unimportant, but it's niggling me, as I have found something annoying in Windows 10's display of network components. I have two Ethernet ports on my motherboard, the first of which is connected to my router, the second to my netbook,...