Windows 10: Ordering folder contents and the contens inside of those folders.

Discus and support Ordering folder contents and the contens inside of those folders. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RevloFantasy, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Ordering folder contents and the contens inside of those folders.

Hello. I have a huge music archive and recently had to format and clean install my windows 10, meanwhile I had my archive in my HDD. Now the problem is, my song folder had around 1200~ albums in it, every album in that main folder was ordered by Date and inside every album it was ordered by name. Question is, is there way to set a date order to every folder and then order every folder's interiors by Name. Or my only option is to do that individually? Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/RevloFantasy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RevloFantasy, Sep 27, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Ordering folder contents and the contens inside of those folders. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Ordering folder contents and the contens inside of those folders. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Removing Windows.old folder

I recently had to reinstall my OS (don't ask). Once I did there were files that I couldn't delete. Basically SecuROM files. Anyway long story short I found this workaround that I wanted to share with my fellow newbs. This will work for any file and works like a charm. Just follow the directions. *Toast :toast:
    Note: there is no space between "Administrators: (F)" I just had to but one in because it kept giving me an "unhappy face"

When installing Windows Vista, Windows stores any existing installation of Windows on the install partition inside a hidden folder called windows.old. This folder could take up a large amount of disk space.

Note: Please check the contents of the windows.old folder before deleting it to make sure there are no files stored there that you may wish to keep.

Deleting the window.old folder using the disk cleanup wizard
    Click start
    Type: disk cleanup
    Press enter
    Select "Files from all users on this computer"
    Follow the rest of the instructions listed on the wizard and select the option to delete the windows.old folder
    Deleting the windows.old folder manually
    1) Open an elevated command prompt

Click start
    Type: cmd
    right-click it under programs
    click Run As Administrator
    2) Take ownership

Change the directory to the windows.old folder (e.g. cd c:\windows.old)
    Type: takeown /F . /A /R /D Y > NUL
    3) grant yourself permission

Type: icacls . /grant:r Administrators: (F) /T /L /Q
    4) Delete everything

Make sure you close any explorer or command windows that are looking at or inside the windows.old folder (except for the command window you are using). If you don't, you will receive an error while performing this step.

Type: cd ..
    Type: rmdir /S /Q windows.old

TheMailMan78, Sep 27, 2020
  4. silkstone Win User

Ordering folder contents and the contens inside of those folders.

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Ordering folder contents and the contens inside of those folders. upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Ordering folder contents and the contens inside of those folders.

1. Ordering folder contents and the contens inside of those folders. - Similar Threads - Ordering folder contents

2. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  3. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  4. identify folders with no contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    identify folders with no contents: Hi,I am wondering if there is a way to hide folders or have some notification that there is no contents within them in windows explorer.We have a default structure of folders that we copy and rename for new projects and within, there are multiple folders below folders.Once...
  5. Locking the display order of sub-folders inside a folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking the display order of sub-folders inside a folder in Windows 10: I am sure this has been asked before and I have been through at least 20 different methods that say it can be done but so far I am not having much luck. I would like to be able to set up a windows folder with sub-folders organized as i prefer them and always find the...
  6. Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar: On Windows 7 I used to have a Documents folder shortcut on my taskbar. I could just click that shortcut and bingo, I was inside my opened Documents folder where all my work is--not uncommon for users, I bet. On Windows 10 I haven't yet found a shortcut to the Documents folder...
  7. Contents of mail folder.

Contents of mail folder.: The word verschickt just pooped in my mail folder, what is and how did it get their? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contents-of-mail-folder/95e7624a-5e0f-4521-8413-575347c05333"
  8. Folders have no content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders have no content: None of the folders in Windows Mail that I keep moving mail into have content. Does that mean those messages are just "gone"? [Original subject: Windows Mail] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-have-no-content/f8e1d7a3-4d85-47bd-959d-e552f86675da
  9. Folders inside other Folders

Folders inside other Folders: How does that happen? and How can it be separated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-inside-other-folders/2dd6bc93-3141-4995-b5f5-b60d42476b89"
  10. Contents of Folder

Contents of Folder: I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an...