Windows 10: Organising files to folders alphabetically

Discus and support Organising files to folders alphabetically in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a folder with thousands of files witch open in a synth emulator. The files are so many that the emulator freezes for seconds when i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NinRejper, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Organising files to folders alphabetically

I have a folder with thousands of files witch open in a synth emulator. The files are so many that the emulator freezes for seconds when i try to browse which file to open. Id like to put all the files in a subfolder by the first letter of the file name.

I have Total Commander. Is it possible to automate? If not is ther any other way? Maybe power shell script (im a total beginner)

submitted by /u/NinRejper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NinRejper, Dec 21, 2019

2. When saving a file, folders and files are not listed alphabetically

Although my files and folders are set to list "by name", ie alphabetically and do in file explorer, when I go to save a document the folders in the "Save As" box are not alphabetical and neither are the files in the folders in the Save As box. They are
    also not listed by date created or modified; not sure what the listing is following though it's consistent. When I open File Explorer all folders and the files within them are arranged alphabetically but when I go to save a file they are not. This did not
    happen with Windows 8.0 but since I went to Windows 10 it has been a problem. Any help in correcting this in the Save As view would be very much appreciated.

StevenJarrett2155, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Favourites Folders -alphabetical sorting within each Folder

Hi Neil,

Let me provide you now the steps on how to to sort your folders in alphabetical order.

This method will allow you to arrange your favorites by alphabetical or by their numbers.

Here are the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Favorites.
    • Right-click on Favorites Bar.
    • Right-click on the Favorites folder.
    • Click on Sort by, then select Name and
      Ascending

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 21, 2019
  4. C I Reid Win User

Organising files to folders alphabetically

FAVOURITE BAR - ORGANISING IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER

In Windows10 how is the Favourites Bar organised in Alphabetical order on a tablet?

C I Reid, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Organising files to folders alphabetically

1. Organising files to folders alphabetically - Similar Threads - Organising files folders

2. Is there any way to stop File Explorer from organising my folders in alphabetical order?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way to stop File Explorer from organising my folders in alphabetical order?: It can be very annoying for some people if you want to put folders in order of a timeline e.g. story chapters but once you go back into the folder they are put in alphabetical order which annoys you. Is there any way to stop this?...
  3. Is there any way to stop File Explorer from organising my folders in alphabetical order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to stop File Explorer from organising my folders in alphabetical order?: It can be very annoying for some people if you want to put folders in order of a timeline e.g. story chapters but once you go back into the folder they are put in alphabetical order which annoys you. Is there any way to stop this?...
  4. Is there any way to stop File Explorer from organising my folders in alphabetical order?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. list folders/files in alphabet order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    list folders/files in alphabet order: in windows when listing the files in alphabet order, the order is different from listing the folders with the same names. please see the screenshot attached. can you make them unanimous? i think the order for folders makes more sense....
  6. list folders/files in alphabet order

list folders/files in alphabet order: in windows when listing the files in alphabet order, the order is different from listing the folders with the same names. please see the screenshot attached. can you make them unanimous? i think the order for folders makes more sense....
  7. Organising folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Organising folders and files: Hi. Just recently I have had trouble organising the folders and files in my Downloads folder. Previously they would be organised where the folders would appear first and then further down single files wouLd be below. However now the folders and files are all jumbled up...
  8. Organising folders and files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organising folders and files: Hi. Just recently I have had trouble organising the folders and files in my Downloads folder. Previously they would be organised where the folders would appear first and then further down single files wouLd be below. However now the folders and files are all jumbled up...
  9. Organising folders and files

10. Organising Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Organising Folders: Im looking for an app that will enable me to create folders on the desktop that will show all the items that are in that folder(without opening the folder). I know there is something on the market, but forgot what its called. Image as Reference submitted by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i alphabetize favorites in windows 10

2. how to sort folders alphabetically

3. how can i alphabitize my files in my favorites list in win 10