Windows 10: Organization on a Personal Computer

Discus and support Organization on a Personal Computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a personal laptop I use at home. I try to log on using Windows Hello and it tells me my organization does not allow this. I don't belong to an... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AustinC., Feb 17, 2021.

1. AustinC. Win User

Organization on a Personal Computer

I have a personal laptop I use at home. I try to log on using Windows Hello and it tells me my organization does not allow this. I don't belong to an organization. It makes me change my pin before I am able to log onto my device. I don't want to do this. I want to log on to my computer with the passwords I set. Remove this from my computer. It is extremely annoying that Microsoft's "support" is online forums.

:)

AustinC., Feb 17, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Receiving prompt "your organization needs you to change your password after remaining work account from personal computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive a prompt,” your organization needs you to change your password” on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

Ideally, if we sign in using a work account on a personal computer, there are chances that certain policies are applied on the computer. These policies might not be removed from the computer even after disconnecting the account from the computer. You
    might need to get in touch with your local IT admin to get help in removing the policies.

However, as you are receiving a prompt "your organization needs you to change your password", let us try a couple of troubleshooting steps and check:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, type/paste the following command and hit Enter:
      wmic path Win32_UserAccount set PasswordExpires=False
    4. Close command prompt window.

I would also suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals to assist you appropriately.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 17, 2021
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Feb 17, 2021
  4. ReAbox Win User

Teams Organization having access to my personal computer

When I went onto Teams to do work, at some point, I must've entered an organization and allowed access for it to change my device (my personal computer). Since then, I have been asked to change my pin twice due to my organization's requirements. I don't
    want this organization to have access to my device anymore. How do I remove its access?

- Abox

ReAbox, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Organization on a Personal Computer - Similar Threads - Organization Personal Computer

2. Tech support allowed my personal computer to be managed by organization, how to remove?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tech support allowed my personal computer to be managed by organization, how to remove?: During a tech support call, the support agent installed MS Teams and it asked if I wanted to allow my organization to manage my device. He said yes by habit before remembering that this was my personal computer. He did remove the organization's account in Settings, but the...
  3. Tech support allowed my personal computer to be managed by organization, how to remove?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tech support allowed my personal computer to be managed by organization, how to remove?: During a tech support call, the support agent installed MS Teams and it asked if I wanted to allow my organization to manage my device. He said yes by habit before remembering that this was my personal computer. He did remove the organization's account in Settings, but the...
  4. I need help with disabling an organization on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with disabling an organization on my personal computer: i bought my computer off someone and its a custom built computer its saying windows is not activated now. its saying it cant connect to the organization server when im not in an organization this computer is used for personal use. i dont have any contact info to the...
  5. I need help with disabling an organization on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with disabling an organization on my personal computer: i bought my computer off someone and its a custom built computer its saying windows is not activated now. its saying it cant connect to the organization server when im not in an organization this computer is used for personal use. i dont have any contact info to the...
  6. I need help with disabling an organization on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Random organization on my personal computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random organization on my personal computer: So on my personal computer there is a random organization that i didnt even know was on my pc until today its controlling my settings and maybe more someone please help...
  8. some setting are managed by your organization on my personal computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    some setting are managed by your organization on my personal computer: could i ask why do i have every one of these policies and could i get help to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-setting-are-managed-by-your-organization-on/165101fa-ba4a-4e5b-b8ad-6b9a9e53397e
  9. My "organization requires" messages on personal computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My "organization requires" messages on personal computer: Hello, I'm having 3 related I think problems. A few months back when trying to use Word, my computer put up a message saying "Your organization requires you to change your pin to continue". I also just got this message when trying to log into my computer last night. This...
  10. remove Some settings are managed by your organization from a personal computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    remove Some settings are managed by your organization from a personal computer: I am an individual with a personal computer purchased by myself. I have the message Some settings are managed by your organization when I try to automate updates. This computer was purchased new by myself personally. It has never been part of any organization. I have been...