Windows 10: Organization requires changing PIN

Discus and support Organization requires changing PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am currently having an issue with being forced to change my pin. The prompt states that it is my organization that requires this. This is my personal... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WillSouza1, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Organization requires changing PIN

I am currently having an issue with being forced to change my pin. The prompt states that it is my organization that requires this. This is my personal computer and I am the only user on it. I have tried the solutions on other questions, but none of them have worked. I cannot find the setting to change this anywhere on my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

WillSouza1, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Kvothe711 Win User

I am being prompted to change my pin because of "my organization".

I have owned my laptop for several years, it has never been a work computer or had any organization work on it. Yesterday when I went to enter my pin I was prompted that I needed to change my pin because of my organization and the pin requirements are
    for a longer pin. I have always had the same pin and I do not want to change it. I am most worried about this "organization" prompt. Anyone advise on this? I thought it might have been me logging into my school email for the first time but I see no reason
    I should have to change my pin for that since I have to enter a password for the email. If it is the email log in how to I reverse it?

Kvothe711, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Receiving Notification Your organization requires that you change your PIN

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that you get a message stating, your organization needs to change the PIN.

Ideally, the user account doesn’t have password expiry enabled. However, if the option is enabled, the password will expire in 42 days. The password expiry only works for Local user accounts. We would like to know if you are using a Local user account
    or a Microsoft account on the computer.

However, we would like to know the edition of Windows 10 that you are using i.e. Windows 10 Home/Pro.

As you are unable to see the PINComplexity key in Registry, we can create the key, make the necessary changes and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      OK
    3. Now, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\
    4. Right click on Microsoft key, click on
      New and select Key. Rename the newly created key as
      PassportForWork.
    5. Now, Right click on PassportForWork,
      click on New and select Key. Rename the newly created key as
      PINComplexity.
    6. Click on PINComplexity key, right click on empty space on the right pane, click on New and select
      DWORD (32-bit). Rename the DWORD as Expiration.
    7. Double click on Expiration, click on
      Decimal and enter a number between 1 and
    8. Click on OK and restart the computer.

If you are using Windows 10 Pro, you may to check the Group Policy settings mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Now, navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\PIN Complexity
    4. On the right pane, double click on Expiration.
    5. If you want to enable PIN Expiration, click on
      Enabled and enter a number between 1 and
      for PIN Expiration.
    6. If you want to disable PIN Expiration, select
      Disable or Not Configured and click on
      OK
    7. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Organization requires changing PIN

Windows 10 says "your organization has set the following pin requirements" when I attempt to change my pin, how do I remove a nonexistant organization?

I resolved this using a non-Microsoft thread if anyone else ends up having the issue. There is a bug with Windows that if you have ever connected a work/school account, it won't let you adjust the pin even after removing that group. Just remove the pin
    altogether and then add it back, and it will stop saying an organization requires 6 digits.

Unable to remove the policies applied by Organization for PIN length requirements

DylanCarroll, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Organization requires changing PIN

1. Organization requires changing PIN - Similar Threads - Organization requires changing

2. "Your organization requires you to change your pin"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your organization requires you to change your pin": I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, and it's on my last good nerve. The laptop is my personal device and my personal email is the only account with access. I did sign in with my school account to use Office, and there were not any problems before signing into...
  3. 'Organization' settings preventing PIN change requirements

'Organization' settings preventing PIN change requirements: I had linked my school email to my home computer, but did not realize that it would take control of my passcode settings. I have since removed the school from my accounts, restarted my computer, and I still can't get rid of that setting. I am unable to log onto Microsoft help...
  4. 'Organization' settings preventing PIN change requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    'Organization' settings preventing PIN change requirements: I had linked my school email to my home computer, but did not realize that it would take control of my passcode settings. I have since removed the school from my accounts, restarted my computer, and I still can't get rid of that setting. I am unable to log onto Microsoft help...
  5. 'Organization' settings preventing PIN change requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change": When I log into Windows 11 Home edition I use a pin. After a few weeks it will prompt me to change my pin and shows "Organization requires pin change". This is a personal computer and there is no organization, I do not want to have to change my pin every few weeks. I have...
  7. Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change"

Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change": When I log into Windows 11 Home edition I use a pin. After a few weeks it will prompt me to change my pin and shows "Organization requires pin change". This is a personal computer and there is no organization, I do not want to have to change my pin every few weeks. I have...
  8. "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin": I do not have an organization. this is a personal computer and I have tried every trick in the community I feel. Any help would be great. Again, this is a personal laptop HP Spectre...
  9. PIN change required by organization on Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN change required by organization on Windows 10 Home: Recently Windows has required me to change my pin 3 times in the last 4 months. I had a PIN I liked forever and I used it. Then, I sign in and get a notification saying, "Your organization requires you to change your PIN to 6 digits." I did not want to do this, but I was...
  10. Organization requires that you change your pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Organization requires that you change your pin: Hi. I keep getting an error message stating "organization requires that you change your pin", however, this is a personal laptop and I do not work for an organization. Thank you...