Windows 10: Organize folders between desktop views?

Discus and support Organize folders between desktop views? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Something I was curious about - my personal computer is also my work computer, and I was hoping there might be a way to be able to switch between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FishTetris, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Organize folders between desktop views?

Something I was curious about - my personal computer is also my work computer, and I was hoping there might be a way to be able to switch between desktop views and keep all my work in one view so that I don't have to see it when I'm not working, without having to create two different Microsoft accounts. I looked into the task views option and it doesn't do what I was hoping (all desktop content is the same, but different apps can be open between views).

If there is such a feature, I'd appreciate some insight - thanks!

:)

FishTetris, Jan 26, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 26, 2019
  4. TomStrong Win User

Organize folders between desktop views?

Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Organize folders between desktop views?

1. Organize folders between desktop views? - Similar Threads - Organize folders between

2. Desktop Organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Organization: Can groups of selected files or folders be outline with an adjustable sized "binding box" of lines"?Or is there no other way Microsoft methods of organizing the desktop other than by using folders?If not, are there any third parties approved for use by MS? Thanks; JM...
  3. Desktop Organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Organization: Can groups of selected files or folders be outline with an adjustable sized "binding box" of lines"?Or is there no other way Microsoft methods of organizing the desktop other than by using folders?If not, are there any third parties approved for use by MS? Thanks; JM...
  4. Desktop Organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot view files in my desktop folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot view files in my desktop folders: Hi all Complete newbie here - suddenly my files have all disappeared from inside my desktop folders. This is really frustrating - I've tried the 'click to show hidden files' etc on the File Explorer app. I know there are still files in the folders as it lists them at the...
  6. alternating between desktop and tablet view

alternating between desktop and tablet view: ive just purchased a new Dell laptop loaded with windows 10 home edition. i have been experimenting changing from desktop to tablet.. having switched back to desktop as a preference my laptop seems to be stuck in the tablet mode as my apps no longer are listed vertically on...
  7. Folder organization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder organization: Hello. I have recently bought a computer with Windows 10, after many years of Win 7. I was very satisfied with 7. Since installing, I am trying desperately to understand what Microsoft thinking is regarding file/folder organization. Although I'm fairly computer literate, I...
  8. Desktop folder suddenly organized like a music folder

Desktop folder suddenly organized like a music folder: My desktop folder has switched to being organized like a music folder. Since the customize tab is not available for the desktop folder, how do I switch this back? I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803 build 17134.472, if that is relevant....
  9. Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Re-arrange when switching between Desktop views: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) - Clean Install with New Machine I just recently started using Windows 10 Multi-Desktop feature inside of the Task View. I organize my taskbar icons(pinned/running) for each desktop. When I switch desktops the Icons will...
  10. Desktop view has become the view of a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop view has become the view of a folder: Running windows 10 for several months but only recently the main desktop view when computer comes onhas acquired the look of a folder only with the normal desktop colors. That is, there is white band across the topwith such things as `| name | Size | Item Type | Date...