Windows 10: organize shared folder by type by default

Discus and support organize shared folder by type by default in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear all,I have a minor issue, that is nonetheless causing me a bit of frustration. I am preparing lectures across several computers work and home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Raul.ocFonseca, May 16, 2022.

1. organize shared folder by type by default

Dear all,I have a minor issue, that is nonetheless causing me a bit of frustration. I am preparing lectures across several computers work and home desktop using OneDrive. Because I use LaTeX to typeset my slides, I prefer to view my files in the working folder as "details" and to group them by "type", as it makes my workflow more efficient. This is not an issue to setup of course, but for some reason, and despite setting things up that way all the time, whenever I switch to another computer, the explorer switches to its default setting, where files are organized in alphabetical order. So my

:)

Raul.ocFonseca, May 16, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Sharing a folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue.

To know the username of your computer, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    2. Right click on the Command prompt icon and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Type whoami in Command Prompt window and press Enter.
    4. You will find the username of the computer, use the username and your password to access the file from the shared folder.

However, if the above steps didn’t help, I suggest you to turn off password protected sharing and check if that helps.

To turn off password protected sharing, please follow the steps mentioned below on your laptop:

1. Press and hold Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    2. Type Control and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
    4. Click on Change advance sharing settings.
    5. Under All Networks, click on
      Turn off password protected sharing

Hope it helps.

Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 16, 2022
  3. Folder organization

Hello.

I have recently bought a computer with Windows 10, after many years of Win 7. I was very satisfied with 7.

Since installing, I am trying desperately to understand what Microsoft thinking is regarding file/folder organization. Although I'm fairly computer literate, I can't get my head around the defaults regarding OneDrive, C:, This PC, and users. For us, a very
    simple environment - my wife and I on single computer - no network. We want to share all folders/files on (what used to be Corganize shared folder by type by default :).

Can anyone suggest a reference that explains and suggests optimal organization of folders? I just don't get it. And Microsoft seems to be negligent in making this user environment friendly!

Thanks.

DennisWard4, May 16, 2022
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

organize shared folder by type by default

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, May 16, 2022
Thema:

organize shared folder by type by default

1. organize shared folder by type by default - Similar Threads - organize shared folder

2. Organization default calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Organization default calendar: Hi, I need to have a default organization calendar, which should be visible in outlook calendar for any user as it is default. Let's say, [example]: you have public holidays, new year eve, or any even such as national day or Company formation day, These kinds of events should...
  3. Organization default calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Organization default calendar: Hi, I need to have a default organization calendar, which should be visible in outlook calendar for any user as it is default. Let's say, [example]: you have public holidays, new year eve, or any even such as national day or Company formation day, These kinds of events should...
  4. organize shared folder by type by default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    organize shared folder by type by default: Dear all,I have a minor issue, that is nonetheless causing me a bit of frustration. I am preparing lectures across several computers work and home desktop using OneDrive. Because I use LaTeX to typeset my slides, I prefer to view my files in the working folder as "details"...
  5. organize shared folder by type by default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    organize shared folder by type by default: Dear all,I have a minor issue, that is nonetheless causing me a bit of frustration. I am preparing lectures across several computers work and home desktop using OneDrive. Because I use LaTeX to typeset my slides, I prefer to view my files in the working folder as "details"...
  6. Changing folder type default to Documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing folder type default to Documents: I work with a lot of media files music / video and jpgs and frequently when I set a folder with one of this I get a bunch of utterly useless column headings which relate to album or music tracks, whereas without exception what I actually need is documents folder view each and...
  7. Change default new folder type?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default new folder type?: Whenever I create a new folder it always starts out formatted for music, please see the columns here: https://imgur.com/a/r65crKW Is there a way I can change the default of newly created folders to another type, like Documents perhaps? I don't want to use the "apply to all...
  8. Change default new folder type?

Change default new folder type?: Whenever I create a new folder it always starts out formatted for music, please see the columns here: https://imgur.com/a/r65crKW Is there a way I can change the default of newly created folders to another type, like Documents perhaps? I don't want to use the "apply to all...
  9. Default Folders Sharing Path

Default Folders Sharing Path: Hello everyone! I was trying to set up a brand new laptop to store the default folders (Pictures, Videos and Music) in the D: drive instead of the C: drive as it is larger. Unfortunately, I must have set the folders on the same path, and now I can't separate them. Now, they...
  10. What is the hidden shared folder "default" for?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the hidden shared folder "default" for?: i try to remove it i cant, i cant change any permissions either for it, also cant find no information regarding it on google! 88046