Windows 10: Organizing photos in windows 10 File Explorer.

Discus and support Organizing photos in windows 10 File Explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My photos were organized chronologically in This PC in Pictures and also alphabetically in Libraries in Pictures when I downloaded them from my camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beachwalker44, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Organizing photos in windows 10 File Explorer.

My photos were organized chronologically in This PC in Pictures and also alphabetically in Libraries in Pictures when I downloaded them from my camera or from my email. Now when I download photos from my email, they are are only showing up in Libraries. When I try to open a photo, new or old in either location, I get a notice "Windows cannot find C:\Users\Me\Pictures\photoname.jpeg." I can open the photo if I right click on it and open with Microsoft Office Picture Manager. I can print from there but it does not allow me the photo editing I had when the photos automatically loaded chronologically in This PC as well as in Libraries. The Photos editing is not available for the photos in This PC Pictures anymore either. What happened?

:)

Beachwalker44, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2021
  3. cgm707 Win User
    File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization

In File Explorer, I have put my photos in folders according to the subject.

Do I have to do this all over again in the Photos app for Windows 10, in order to get the folder contents from Explorer into albums in the Photos app?

Also, any recommendations for an affordable but useful app or tool to keep all of my photos in Windows and the Photo app organized?

cgm707, Mar 31, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

Organizing photos in windows 10 File Explorer.

Organize pictures in File Explorer in sub-folders by Year and Month

Hi Joseph,

We want to know more about the issue that you are experiencing. Please answer the following:

• Are you trying to organize folders on your PC or on your mobile device?
    • If you are trying to organize folders on your mobile device, could you please provide us the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, if you are trying to organize your PC’s file explorer, we suggest checking the reply of
    IanCost on this thread to help you out.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Organizing photos in windows 10 File Explorer.

1. Organizing photos in windows 10 File Explorer. - Similar Threads - Organizing photos File

2. photos and file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos and file explorer: I have a new windows 11 laptop which came with the new photos app. All my photos get saved in one drive to this app. How do I get the new photos I've just taken to save in my file explorer on this pc? I need to work with the photos in file explorer not the new windows 11...
  3. photos and file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos and file explorer: I have a new windows 11 laptop which came with the new photos app. All my photos get saved in one drive to this app. How do I get the new photos I've just taken to save in my file explorer on this pc? I need to work with the photos in file explorer not the new windows 11...
  4. File Explorer and photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer and photos: I'm usually good with this sorta stuff but I cant figure this out: How do I make my pictures from file explorer open in Photos? I've tried pressing the open in thing but photos is not showing, I also tried looking in settings on the photos app....
  5. Organizing Folders in File Explorer

Organizing Folders in File Explorer: Hi! I am having problems organizing Folders and Files within my Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer. I need to manually change the order the files are displayed—top to bottom. I need this order to be different than any of the auto 'sort by' selections. For example, I...
  6. File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization

File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization: In File Explorer, I have put my photos in folders according to the subject. Do I have to do this all over again in the Photos app for Windows 10, in order to get the folder contents from Explorer into albums in the Photos app? Also, any recommendations for an affordable...
  7. organizing photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    organizing photos: when I create a new folder and move photos does explorer actually move the photo file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/organizing-photos/3604bdfe-19ab-45dd-a127-c84369eda1ca
  8. Organizing Photos

Organizing Photos: I just uploaded all my photos to Windows 10. They appear in chronological order but I want instead to create subject folders and organize that way. (1) right clicking does not bring up a new folder option. Odd! (2) There is no tab to organize by subject. Can you help?...
  9. File Explorer / Photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer / Photos: Hello, Through One Drive I have all of my pictures on PC. Today I accidentaly pressed Group By button in File Explorer and all of my photos are in different order. I've tried every single button grouping by Name, Time and even None anyhow all the photos aren't in the same...
  10. Windows 10 photo organizer

Windows 10 photo organizer: How can I tell if a photo in my collection is already in an album without looking through all my albums? How can I merge two albums? Finally, is there a way to view info about a photo such as date taken, location, etc.?...