Windows 10: Organizing Start Menu items

Discus and support Organizing Start Menu items in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. New to this forum, I was a previous member of the Seven Forums for years. I have just installed 10 and like what I see so far. Does anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djwoody, Jul 30, 2015.

1. djwoody Win User

Organizing Start Menu items

Hi.
    New to this forum, I was a previous member of the Seven Forums for years.

I have just installed 10 and like what I see so far.

Does anyone know how to:
    - Organize your Start Menu (i.e. delete folders and create your own folders). I am unable to right click to get any options and can't drag/drop.
    - Have your favourite programs on the left of the Start Menu as in Win7, instead of creating tiles on the right.

Many thanks
    Chris

:)

djwoody, Jul 30, 2015

2. How to prevent windows 10 from syncing taskbar position?

What I find even more frustrating is:

• Taskbar position syncing is super fast (almost instant), yet IE settings (bookmarks sorting, favorites bar items, etc.) is slow or doesn't sync at all.
    • Common Start Menu apps between machines aren't sync'd. I spent a great deal of time organizing the Start Menu on my Surface Pro 4 and ****-U-MEd those settings would be synced to my laptop. MS may need to rethink the philosophy behind removing it in Win10,
      because it is a tedious time investment to organize the start menu and not have it "at least" sync common apps.

willosophy, Jul 30, 2015
  3. JinRyuu Win User
    Creating custom tiles for desktop apps, folders and files

"Windows 10 finally gives us back the Start Menu, and it’s much more customizable than it ever has been before."

If you are using Windows 10 and you want to customize the Start Menu, I found a very helpful website for you. Instructions are easy to follow.

Please visit:

8 Ways to Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu

10 Ways to Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu

On the website you will learn how to:

1. Organize, Edit, Delete, or Add New Items to the All Apps View

2. Resize the Start Menu

3. Pin and Unpin Tiles

4. Resize Live Tiles

5. Turn Off Live Tile Updates

6. Change the Start Menu (and Taskbar) Color

7. Pin Items from the Left Side of the Start Menu

8. Adding Control Panel and Special Items to the Left Side of the Start Menu

9. Remove All Live Tiles and Make It Look Like Windows 7

Hope this helps

JinRyuu, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Organizing Start Menu items

Something's not right if you don't get a right click menu and can't drag & drop. You might want to address those issues first.

I'd suggest you completely uninstall your graphics driver and reinstall with the latest.

fracking4oil, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Organizing Start Menu items

1. Organizing Start Menu items - Similar Threads - Organizing Start Menu

2. Start Menu Subfolder Organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Subfolder Organization: So this organization feature from Windows 7 doesn't make sense to have removed in Windows 10: Subfolders in the All Apps list. Now, I cannot speak for Windows 11, but the fact that even after people have brought this up before see this thread back in 2015, and still even...
  3. Start Menu Subfolder Organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Subfolder Organization: So this organization feature from Windows 7 doesn't make sense to have removed in Windows 10: Subfolders in the All Apps list. Now, I cannot speak for Windows 11, but the fact that even after people have brought this up before see this thread back in 2015, and still even...
  4. Start Menu Subfolder Organization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Organizing Programs in the Start Menu

Organizing Programs in the Start Menu: I have installed a number of online games which now appear separately in the programs list in the start menu as well as tiles. I've consolidated the tiles into a single games folder. How do I do the same thing with the programs in the programs list?...
  6. Unnamed Start Menu Item

Unnamed Start Menu Item: Hi, Under the "Other" section of my start menu is an item with no logo, "ms-resourceAppListName" which is a bit unsightly. If I click on it, it launches the People app. I can't find a way to restore the title and icon and it seems I can't uninstall the app even though I...
  7. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  8. Start menu "recent items"

Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  9. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  10. Blank start menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank start menu items: See picture. For some reason many icons have no picture and are left blank. Any idea how to fix this? [img] 23700