Windows 10: Orientation

Discus and support Orientation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Orientation reverts to portrait when computer restarts. How do I make landscape the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatriciaFaber, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Orientation

Orientation reverts to portrait when computer restarts. How do I make landscape the default

:)

PatriciaFaber, Nov 30, 2018

2. screen orientation

Hi,

There's an option on Windows 10 to switch between landscape and portrait orientation. We recommend following these steps on how to switch the screen orientation from portrait to landscape:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Under Orientation, select on Landscape and click
      Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Display orientation has changed in Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform you that this issue might arise due to the change in the orientation settings in Windows 10 Operating system. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Display.
    • Select Display settings from the list of results.
    • Now choose an orientation to landscape and check if that helps.

Or you may try resizing the windows by pressing
    CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Orientation

Problem with display orientation

Hi Pave,

The recent Windows update can change your system settings and could've affected the screen orientation of your device. To enable this feature, we suggest that you update your display drivers by following these steps:

• Type in Device Manager on the search box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for Display adapters.
    • Right-click the driver and Select Properties.
    • Select Diver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Click OK.

You can also visit your device's support website, to check for the latest driver that are compatible on your device.

Do post back should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Orientation

1. Orientation - Similar Threads - Orientation

2. Screen orientation randomly goes into portrait mode while the screen is attached,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen orientation randomly goes into portrait mode while the screen is attached,: I can fix it by going into settings an changing it but it is really annoying as the rotation lock key is greyed out. How do I stop this happening please. I have a Surface book 3 running windows 11, My screen orientation randomly goes into portrait mode while it is attached, I...
  3. Screen orientation randomly goes into portrait mode while the screen is attached,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen orientation randomly goes into portrait mode while the screen is attached,: I can fix it by going into settings an changing it but it is really annoying as the rotation lock key is greyed out. How do I stop this happening please. I have a Surface book 3 running windows 11, My screen orientation randomly goes into portrait mode while it is attached, I...
  4. Mouse is not adjusting to monitor in portrait orientation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse is not adjusting to monitor in portrait orientation.: I have a laptop and 2 external monitors. My main monitor is connected to my laptop via HDMI the only hdmi port the laptop has. The second monitor I have is connected via a usb-c to hdmi adapter, and it is the monitor that I have in portrait orientation. So to give you a...
  5. Mouse is not adjusting to monitor in portrait orientation.

Mouse is not adjusting to monitor in portrait orientation.: I have a laptop and 2 external monitors. My main monitor is connected to my laptop via HDMI the only hdmi port the laptop has. The second monitor I have is connected via a usb-c to hdmi adapter, and it is the monitor that I have in portrait orientation. So to give you a...
  6. Pivot Monitor Vertical Orientation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pivot Monitor Vertical Orientation: Hi.I have a HP E223 monitor that can rotate from landscape to portrait.However, when I rotate it, the desktop with all the icons does not rotate as well.Is this normal? Shouldn't it be automatic?Do I have to go into the Windows screen settings every time and set the rotation...
  7. Pivot Monitor Vertical Orientation

Pivot Monitor Vertical Orientation: Hi.I have a HP E223 monitor that can rotate from landscape to portrait.However, when I rotate it, the desktop with all the icons does not rotate as well.Is this normal? Shouldn't it be automatic?Do I have to go into the Windows screen settings every time and set the rotation...
  8. How do I see ALL EXIF data for file? Windows does not show "Orientation" EXIF data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see ALL EXIF data for file? Windows does not show "Orientation" EXIF data: I wish to look at the orientation data for images. While I can open these in a 3rd party viewer, I would prefer to see the EXIF before importing it into software. Photoshop, for example, will take the Orientation EXIF into account when it opens the file, but saving it will...
  9. How do I see ALL EXIF data for file? Windows does not show "Orientation" EXIF data

How do I see ALL EXIF data for file? Windows does not show "Orientation" EXIF data: I wish to look at the orientation data for images. While I can open these in a 3rd party viewer, I would prefer to see the EXIF before importing it into software. Photoshop, for example, will take the Orientation EXIF into account when it opens the file, but saving it will...
  10. How do I change the normal orientation?

How do I change the normal orientation?: Prior to a recent Windows 10 update I was able to change the normal orientation of a photo by opening it in photos, rotating it 360 degrees and saving it. Now when I do this I don’t have the option to save....