Windows 10: Origin, Battle.net, and Google speed test capped to 3Mbps, other test tools and apps not capped

Discus and support Origin, Battle.net, and Google speed test capped to 3Mbps, other test tools and apps not capped in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm having a strange issue where Origin, Battle.net games are capped to 3MB/s and google search speed test capped to 25Mbps (so around 3MB/s). The is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ibetaco, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Origin, Battle.net, and Google speed test capped to 3Mbps, other test tools and apps not capped

I'm having a strange issue where Origin, http://speedtest.googlefiber.net/ I get 60-70Mbps.

My other wifi and wired connections are getting 100-200Mbps.

Is it possible for some apps and google search speed test are both being throttled by some Windows setting? The fact all 3 are maxing at around 25Mbps is interesting.

Windows 10, 1903

Intel 3168 wifi

submitted by /u/ibetaco
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ibetaco, Feb 14, 2020

2. Upload speed capped on windows 10

Okay so, for some unknown reason, my computer and brand new laptop both running on windows 10 home, are capping my upload speed at 7.9mbps (exactly 0.6mbps from my router's upload sync speed). At first it may seem normal to be running slightly lower than
    the upload sync speed, however on all my mobile phone devices, speed tests show that my phones are reaching between 9-10mbps. The exact same speed tests (And other speed tests) on my computer and new laptop show that the upload speed is being capped at 7.9mbps.

The router is new. I have recently had the line fixed so there's no issue there. The fact that my new out of the box laptop is also capping it makes me believe there's no malware or virus issue going on here. The only thing I have narrowed it down to is
    that Windows itself is capping the speed somehow. I have also tried connecting to the router via ethernet cable however the speed is still capping at 7.9mbps. It is ALWAYS capping 0.6mbps under the sync speed and I'm not sure what is causing it.

AmaadHasan, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Scheister Win User
    Microsoft Network Speed Test app reports incorrect results when tested behind a proxy

I have been searching this community trying to find out why every time I run speedtest.net it never drops below 90Mbps yet the Network Speed Test app keeps capping iteself at either 20Mbps or 10Mbps. Every single person who brings this up is told their
    network service provider is not giving them the data they signed up for.. I am in awe at this point.

You answered my question though. When I am on my VPN it just caps itself to either 10 or 20, even though Speedtest is showing 90. When I turn my VPN off the normal speeds return to Network Speed Test.

Scheister, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Origin, Battle.net, and Google speed test capped to 3Mbps, other test tools and apps not capped

speed test

Hi Val,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you referring to Network speed test app or speedtest.net website?

• Do you receive any error message, while trying to access speed test?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

Reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Origin, Battle.net, and Google speed test capped to 3Mbps, other test tools and apps not capped

1. Origin, Battle.net, and Google speed test capped to 3Mbps, other test tools and apps not capped - Similar Threads - Origin Battle net

2. Internet speed capped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed capped: Hello,When i test my internet speed the avarage i get is around 100 Mbit/s. But when i try to download a game on various launchers like Epic, EA or Steam, the download speed is always about 12-15 Mbit/s. I checked if for some reason the limiter for the download speed was...
  3. Internet speed capped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed capped: Hello,When i test my internet speed the avarage i get is around 100 Mbit/s. But when i try to download a game on various launchers like Epic, EA or Steam, the download speed is always about 12-15 Mbit/s. I checked if for some reason the limiter for the download speed was...
  4. CPU speed test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU speed test: What is a fairly safe CPU speed test program to use? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-speed-test/574591c7-f2bd-4641-a959-e7dd508a8664
  5. Download speed capped?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed capped?: I've used tron script yesterday and my download speed seems to be somehow capped, but in unusual way. So the speedtest shows my actual download and upload speed (70/70) but either steam and rockstar launcher,(or in fact any other app)are capped at 7mbps. Sometimes it doubles...
  6. Speed Test confusion

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Speed Test confusion: Hello, I run Windows 10 Pro 1909. Recently I upgraded to Fibre and ran some speed-tests to confirm all was well; this is where the confusion came in. Using the identical speed-test I found a difference of 10Mg between results depending on which Browser I accessed the...
  7. Network speed test

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network speed test: Network speed test - service to perform network speed test not available error -try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-speed-test/e20a44e6-96e4-4ee8-8a3d-258ecfbbeebd
  8. Testing Wifi speed

Testing Wifi speed: How can I test the speed of my laptop's 802.11ac wifi connection? I would like to know how fast I can retrieve (but not store) data from my Synology NAS, or maybe send data to the NAS. The laptop has (2x2) and connects at 867 mbps. I should be able to transfer data at...
  9. Speed test recommendations?

Speed test recommendations?: I've been using Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test but I just got through with an exhaustive two separate night support case with AT&T Fiber Optic where it was shown to be incredibly inaccurate. Is there a better more accurate speed test out...
  10. Win speed test different from Speed test.

Win speed test different from Speed test.: My laptop, a Dell Studio 1535 running WIN 10, is ethernet connected to my Century Link 1000A modem/router, When I run the speed test, on the laptop, provided by windows it displays 5.?? mbit upload and a 5.?? download. When I run SpeedTest I get a 5.?? upload and a 47 mbit...