Windows 10: Origin won't start?

Discus and support Origin won't start? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have the problem that EA Origin does not start. Since an update failed installation the client does not start anymore. And I have really tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TraubeMinze734, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Origin won't start?

I have the problem that EA Origin does not start. Since an update failed installation the client does not start anymore. And I have really tried everything. Windows restarted, Origin Temporary Folders deleted, Origin reinstalled, program started in Admin Mode, compatibility mode tried, several files deleted that could cause problems, my virus protection and firewall turned off but nothing happens! How do I fix this?

:)

TraubeMinze734, Jun 28, 2020

2. Origin will not load

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Which was the update that was installed prior to this issue?
    2. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. Do you get any error message while launching the Origin application?
    4. What was the error message that you got while reinstalling the Origin application?
    5. Are you facing this issue with any other applications?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to launch Origin application.

1. Follow the steps mentioned in Uninstalling Origin Application
      and completely uninstall Origin from your computer.
    2. Then, put your computer in a Clean Boot State
      and delete the folders from the following locations.

• Note: A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose
      some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

• C:\ProgramData\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
    • C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\

1. Then, Download Origin and install it with the computer being in a Clean Boot
      State.
    2. Then, place the computer to normal boot by going to
      Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
      section in the Clean Boot link and check if you are able to launch the Origin application.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 28, 2020
  3. bearcat22 Win User
    Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse

Thank you for your advice.

No, I do not have an ISO of my personal files. I tend to save a lot of material, so it would likely be out of my budget to buy a third party hard drive large enough to store them/back them up.

As stated in the original post, I do already have some sort of USB emergency thing.
    I have listed what it says is on it.
    I don't know how to use it, or if it is useful to solve this problem.

As stated in the original post, the F keys are not responsive, so I don't understand how I
    could follow your suggestion to get into the BIOS to change boot priority.

I will, however, use the link you suggest and try to boot from the media you suggest, then post back.

Update: Page does NOT give the size of Does it HAVE to be on a USB? It won't fit on a 16 GB empty USB, the largest I have!

The page says...."Extract ISO to Fat32 Formatted USB Stick"

What is Fat32, and and how would I format a USB to it?

Evidently I'm going to need SUPER detailed baby-step instructions to use this thing.

bearcat22, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Origin won't start?

How to reinstall Windows 10 on a laptop that was originally Windows 7

Would you by chance have a link to a page that has step by step instructions that details what you suggested above?

Thank you

ChristmasPi, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Origin won't start?

1. Origin won't start? - Similar Threads - Origin won't start

2. Laptop monitor suddenly won't display in original 144hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop monitor suddenly won't display in original 144hz: I have an Asus gaming laptop that has 144hz. I usually use an external monitor a LED TV that is 60hz as a second monitor that I plug via HDMI. It's been working great, however last night I decided to use my laptop monitor but it suddenly still displays and is stuck at 64hz so...
  3. Laptop monitor suddenly won't display in original 144hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop monitor suddenly won't display in original 144hz: I have an Asus gaming laptop that has 144hz. I usually use an external monitor a LED TV that is 60hz as a second monitor that I plug via HDMI. It's been working great, however last night I decided to use my laptop monitor but it suddenly still displays and is stuck at 64hz so...
  4. Original Surface Book "Can't start camera"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Original Surface Book "Can't start camera": I have been using my Surface Book camera mostly for zoom and webex. I have not had to use it since June 11, 2021 until yesterday July 13, 2021. I mostly turn it on briefly for other things, do windows updates, and turn it off. I did everything in Camera doesn't work in...
  5. returning start menu to original format

in Windows 10 Customization
    returning start menu to original format: returning start menu to original format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/returning-start-menu-to-original-format/c1d3eac8-5459-4f9d-9d27-d6aa70897d2e
  6. ORIGINS WON'T LET ME INSTALL NEW CLIENT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ORIGINS WON'T LET ME INSTALL NEW CLIENT: I'm stuck at the new update of Origins client for EA games. It says I can't install. Anyone here has the same experience? Please tell how to fix. Thanks. submitted by /u/1xyk9 [link] [comments]...
  7. Origin client just... won't open suddenly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Origin client just... won't open suddenly.: Origin won't open, I'll click it, I'll get a working in the background cursor, but nothing will happen. It won't be in background processes either. Tried reinstalling it. Tried repairing the vcredists in the directory. The only things that have changed since it working and...
  8. Origin client just... won't open suddenly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Origin client just... won't open suddenly.: Origin won't open, I'll click it, I'll get a working in the background cursor, but nothing will happen. It won't be in background processes either. Tried reinstalling it. Tried repairing the vcredists in the directory. The only things that have changed since it working and...
  9. Reset laptop won't accept original password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset laptop won't accept original password: Windows 10. I have used Recovery > Reset this PC. on my laptop. After the reset, I restarted the laptop. When I got to sign in it refuses the password I was using before. It tells you to reset the password, which I did right there on the laptop. You have to identify yourself...
  10. Take computer back to original start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Take computer back to original start up: I have a*Surface Pro 3 that I want to give to my son. I want to remove my account & return it to the initial setup state. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanx 75019