Windows 10: original account and now a local account too?

Discus and support original account and now a local account too? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had to restore my HP laptop to a previous time and when I did that somehow I have created a local account now in addition to my original account, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by marianavarro2, Aug 6, 2022.

1. original account and now a local account too?

I had to restore my HP laptop to a previous time and when I did that somehow I have created a local account now in addition to my original account, and I dont have any permissions in this account , How can i get back to just my original account where I do have permissions and get rid of this stupid local account I never wanted?

:)

marianavarro2, Aug 6, 2022

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 6, 2022
  3. DarWun Win User
    Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Yaqub K Win User

original account and now a local account too?

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

original account and now a local account too?

1. original account and now a local account too? - Similar Threads - original account local

2. original account and now a local account too?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    original account and now a local account too?: I had to restore my HP laptop to a previous time and when I did that somehow I have created a local account now in addition to my original account, and I dont have any permissions in this account , How can i get back to just my original account where I do have permissions and...
  3. original account and now a local account too?

in Windows 10 Customization
    original account and now a local account too?: I had to restore my HP laptop to a previous time and when I did that somehow I have created a local account now in addition to my original account, and I dont have any permissions in this account , How can i get back to just my original account where I do have permissions and...
  4. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...: Hello everyone,My issue started when my Onedrive was no longer syncing with my Microsoft account. The Onedrive seemed to have been deleted from my account and I tried various solutions to reinstall and link it again. Although I was able to re-download it, I wasn't able to...
  5. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...: Hello everyone,My issue started when my Onedrive was no longer syncing with my Microsoft account. The Onedrive seemed to have been deleted from my account and I tried various solutions to reinstall and link it again. Although I was able to re-download it, I wasn't able to...
  6. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I signed into Local account from Microsoft account and now I can't link my local account to...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. How do I revert back to the original Local Account password on a User / Sign-in that is now...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I revert back to the original Local Account password on a User / Sign-in that is now...: I recently signed into my Microsoft Account in my computer's Settings in order to enable Find My Device. Now, whenever I want to use my PC, I am being asked to enter my Microsoft Account password instead of the Local Account password that was previously in its place. I didn't...
  10. Local Account is now in TEMP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local Account is now in TEMP: About three months ago, I lost access to an account after an update, so I made a Local Account. It had made a temporary account, but I was able to access files on the old account through the C drive. It was mostly a headache since I didn't seem to lose anything important....