Windows 10: Original Key

Discus and support Original Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Purchases a 2nd hand laptop which had originally a windows 7 and upgraded into windows 10. The laptop has the product key of Windows 7, can I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maj69, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Maj69 Win User

Original Key

Purchases a 2nd hand laptop which had originally a windows 7 and upgraded into windows 10.

The laptop has the product key of Windows 7, can I use the same key to format the laptop and install windows 10 again?

:)

Maj69, Sep 1, 2019

2. Origin will not load

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Which was the update that was installed prior to this issue?
    2. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    3. Do you get any error message while launching the Origin application?
    4. What was the error message that you got while reinstalling the Origin application?
    5. Are you facing this issue with any other applications?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you are able to launch Origin application.

1. Follow the steps mentioned in Uninstalling Origin Application
      and completely uninstall Origin from your computer.
    2. Then, put your computer in a Clean Boot State
      and delete the folders from the following locations.

• Note: A Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily lose
      some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

• C:\ProgramData\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Origin\
    • C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Origin\
    • C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License\

1. Then, Download Origin and install it with the computer being in a Clean Boot
      State.
    2. Then, place the computer to normal boot by going to
      Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
      section in the Clean Boot link and check if you are able to launch the Origin application.

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 1, 2019
  4. BrooksyX Win User

Original Key

[FF]   Origin game keys

Bought the EA humble bundle for the steam games, don't have an origin account so I figured some of you might want them for free. PM for a key, first come first serve. One key per person.

Still have:
    -Dead Space Origin Key
    -Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key
    -Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
    -Medal of Honor Origin Key
    -Mirror's Edge Origin Key

Edit: all gone.

BrooksyX, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Original Key

1. Original Key - Similar Threads - Original Key

2. Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue: I have a laptop with built-in Windows. Initially, I applied a different Windows Pro key, but it's now expiring. How can I revert to using the original Windows key that came with the laptop?...
  3. Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue: I have a laptop with built-in Windows. Initially, I applied a different Windows Pro key, but it's now expiring. How can I revert to using the original Windows key that came with the laptop?...
  4. I don’t have the product key since I was not the original purchaser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don’t have the product key since I was not the original purchaser.: I bought my PC from someone else and when it arrived it said I needed to enter a product key after a few weeks and now I have the watermark that says I need to activate windows. I don’t have the product key since I was not the original owner of the PC and I don’t have their...
  5. I don’t have the product key since I was not the original purchaser.

I don’t have the product key since I was not the original purchaser.: I bought my PC from someone else and when it arrived it said I needed to enter a product key after a few weeks and now I have the watermark that says I need to activate windows. I don’t have the product key since I was not the original owner of the PC and I don’t have their...
  6. I don’t have the product key since I was not the original purchaser.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. I cant find my original windows key but i bought a new one but cant activate it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant find my original windows key but i bought a new one but cant activate it: I downloaded a virus downloading mods and my windows key is gone so i just bought a new key but cant activate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-original-windows-key-but-i-bought-a/d742586c-ffca-490e-a4a4-371a755df8ff
  8. I cant find my original windows key but i bought a new one but cant activate it

I cant find my original windows key but i bought a new one but cant activate it: I downloaded a virus downloading mods and my windows key is gone so i just bought a new key but cant activate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-original-windows-key-but-i-bought-a/d742586c-ffca-490e-a4a4-371a755df8ff
  9. Original Product key from Windows 7 Home Premium not working after desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Original Product key from Windows 7 Home Premium not working after desktop problem.: My old computer, HP Pavilion P6 series Desktop had pre-loaded Windows 7 Home Premium. Over the years this went to Windows 10 Home. But recently there was a problem as it continully rebooted. I tried to load from backup, but that failed. Eventually I formated the drive and...
  10. Original Product key from Windows 7 Home Premium not working after desktop problem.

Original Product key from Windows 7 Home Premium not working after desktop problem.: My old computer, HP Pavilion P6 series Desktop had pre-loaded Windows 7 Home Premium. Over the years this went to Windows 10 Home. But recently there was a problem as it continully rebooted. I tried to load from backup, but that failed. Eventually I formated the drive and...