Windows 10: Original Microsoft Natural PRO Keyboard disconnect issue

Discus and support Original Microsoft Natural PRO Keyboard disconnect issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys I have a weird problem with an oldschool Microsoft Natural PRO Keyboard... In Windows 7 sometimes when I am booting up a computer my windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Darlok9, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Darlok9 Win User

Original Microsoft Natural PRO Keyboard disconnect issue

Hey guys I have a weird problem with an oldschool Microsoft Natural PRO Keyboard... In Windows 7 sometimes when I am booting up a computer my windows does not recognize the keyboard at start up. I have to replug it for it to work. It's USB btw.

I just built a new system with another Asus Rog Mobo running windows 10 now. This time around I have the same issue as I had on windows 7. The keyboard is not always detected on startup, but not only that.. When it is being recognized (8 out of 10 times, which is not too bad) on boot, sometimes in Windows 10 it loses connection a few hours into me doing stuff on the PC. I need to replug it for it to work again. I tried different USB ports but it seems all of them are like that. My Naga mouse does not have an issue like that, but this old almost 20 yr old keyboard has those issues... It's using a 2006 Driver and I don't know if it's a driver issue or a hardware issue... I have a $250 Seasonic Titanium PSU. I just built a new system yesterday so I dont think it's a power issue?

Please help

:)

Darlok9, Mar 22, 2019

2. Microsoft Natural "wired" Keyboard 4000 is causing Safe Mode!

Hi Raz,

There may be some factors that cause your computer to go into safe mode if your Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000 is connected. It could be a driver-related issue, or possible a software conflict. To help us diagnose and address the issue, we would like to ask
    a few information:

• Were there any recent changes made on your computer?
    • Have you performed any updates or installed any apps or programs prior to the issue?
    While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try rolling back the driver for the keyboard. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboard category.
    • Right-click on Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000 and click
      Properties
    • Go to the Driver tab and click Roll Back Driver.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Please observe your computer's behavior after rolling back the driver. Do let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 inputs wrong characters

Hi Kerri,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to connect the keyboard to a different computer and check if the issue persists.

If the keyboard does not function correctly on another computer, the keyboard maybe defective. If this is the case, and the warranty on the keyboard is still valid, you may exchange the defective keyboard for a new keyboard.

If the keyboard works fine on a different computer, try the methods listed below:

Method 1

Adjust Language settings:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Choose Region and Language and make sure the language you’re using on your keyboard (the input language) matches the one you’re using on your PC (the display language).

Method 2

Update driver manually:

Install the latest drivers from Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 and check if
    it works.

If the issue persists, you may get in touch with
    Microsoft Hardware Support for further assistance.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Original Microsoft Natural PRO Keyboard disconnect issue

Backlit Natural Keyboards

Why are there no backlit natural (ergonomic) keyboards?

Considering that backlighting is the hottest trend in keyboards, and that natural keyboards have a strong and loyal following...when is Microsoft going to introduce a backli9t natural keyboard? This question was asked back in October of 2013, it is 2018
    and still no backlit keyboards. Come on, backlit keyboards are wanted.

Thousandpens, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Original Microsoft Natural PRO Keyboard disconnect issue

1. Original Microsoft Natural PRO Keyboard disconnect issue - Similar Threads - Original Microsoft Natural

2. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 finally been discontinued? It's been my go-to for work and home for about 20 years. When I find it online these days, it's for a ridiculous price....
  3. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 finally been discontinued? It's been my go-to for work and home for about 20 years. When I find it online these days, it's for a ridiculous price....
  4. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Natural MultiMedia keyboard not working

Microsoft Natural MultiMedia keyboard not working: Win Version: 1900 I have 2 keyboards, a Microsoft Natural MultiMedia Keyboard 1.0A and a Microsoft Wireless Natural MultiMedia Keyboard (Black Wireless). Both have worked on 32 & 64 bit pcs. After I cleaned the keys on the 1.0A I reconnected it to the new Lenovo where it...
  6. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Please could you advise the model name and number of the ergo keyboard that has now replaced the natural ergo 4000? Thanks so much. * Moved from advertising...
  7. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Is there a mute/unmute button on this keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000/abd72a9e-439e-4be5-828f-3656fddf2735
  8. microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard

microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard: when I connect my Microsoft keyboard when I press a letter key it types in a number for example if I press R it enters the number 6 how can I remove this....
  9. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard issue: I like to use Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard and I ordered a new one when started a new job. But I faced a problem with that keyboard because a space bar didn’t work. I asked to bring me another keyboard but some other keys didn’t work either. Is it a problem with drivers or...
  10. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: I have bought and used the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard since it was made. I started a new job and had them order me one. The space bar did not work. They had it replaced and the second one worked for two weeks. Now keys don't work (the enter key, c, y, u, i o; keypad keys /,...