Windows 10: original microsoft windows 10 pro is not detected by dvd rom drive of my dell laptop

Discus and support original microsoft windows 10 pro is not detected by dvd rom drive of my dell laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; original microsoft windows 10 pro is not detected by dvd rom drive of my dell laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DhananjoyChatterjee, Jul 31, 2019.

1. original microsoft windows 10 pro is not detected by dvd rom drive of my dell laptop

original microsoft windows 10 pro is not detected by dvd rom drive of my dell laptop

:)

DhananjoyChatterjee, Jul 31, 2019
  2. mark11211 Win User

missing dvd rom?

i have just upgraded my mobo to a Abit p35 pro and when i start up the post screen shows (in green writing) both my IDE Plextor-800a DVD/RW + Plextor-116a DVD/ROM but when i open XP the only one that is detected is my RW drive? I have had a look in disk manager and changed the cable but nothing. The drives are set as DVD/RW-Master, DVD/Rom-Slave. Both drives were working perfectly well and i can open and close the Rom drive while in windows.

The only thing i can think of is a BIOS setting but not being that familiar with them i don't know where to find any of the options.

Any ideas or suggestions?

mark11211, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Windows 7 DVD ROM issue!

HP dv 9728, AMD Turion 64 x 2, NVIDIA nForce 560, DDR2 RAM.

Hello,
    I have a hp dv9000 series laptop. I recently installed Windows 7. After installing my dvd/rom is not detected in device manager or under the "my computer" listing. Under the device manager I clicked on the "show all devices" tab andd still no dvd/rom. I did install some free dvd buring software called "Phantom". This DID detect my "e" drive under device manager and my computer.
    In the device manager it said i was missing a coprocessor driver. In the my computer it would not recognize that I had a disc and would ask me to insert one. Seeing that this "phantom" software was getting me nowhere I uninstalled it. I have installed drivers from Nvidia. my video card is Nividia nforce 560 series. I have looked on the hp website and discovered that this product series will not be supported by HP for the DV9000 series in regards to Windows 7.
    Mechanically the drive does work!
    Drivers have been updated, uninstalled, blah blah blah! This appears to be a common problem but after searching the 'net for hours and trying various suggestions there has been no cure - YET! I installed the Windows 7 Ultimate from Vista.
    The DVD ROM worked perfectly while Vista was installed.
    Thank you in advance.

autigerfan, Jul 31, 2019
  4. original microsoft windows 10 pro is not detected by dvd rom drive of my dell laptop

DVD/CD Drive Saying CD-Rom

My Dvd drive is listed in my device manager however it is set as cd rom in the description, it also wont open and is not set as my default drive, any suggestions?

windows 10 if that changes anything

LukeRobson, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

original microsoft windows 10 pro is not detected by dvd rom drive of my dell laptop

1. original microsoft windows 10 pro is not detected by dvd rom drive of my dell laptop - Similar Threads - original microsoft pro

2. DVD ROM drives not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD ROM drives not recognized: My Dell Optiplex 7010 with Windows 10 won't detect either the built-in DVD ROM drive or the external drive I bought to replace it. The external drive appears in the "Devices and Printers" section of the Control Panel, but neither drive shows up in "This PC." The driver for...
  3. DVD ROM drives not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD ROM drives not recognized: My Dell Optiplex 7010 with Windows 10 won't detect either the built-in DVD ROM drive or the external drive I bought to replace it. The external drive appears in the "Devices and Printers" section of the Control Panel, but neither drive shows up in "This PC." The driver for...
  4. DVD ROM drives not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD Rom drive

DVD Rom drive: I need an external DVD Rom drive to play some older games. I have looked at several lists and the consumer comments but none of them specifically say anything about gaming. Am I making this to difficult? I have seen them say things like "DVD Rom compatible". I bought...
  6. DVD rom drive

DVD rom drive: Why is it at times my dvd rom disappears? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rom-drive/5323de53-2ce5-4c57-90d5-c899544812a9
  7. DVD/CD-ROM drive

DVD/CD-ROM drive: After Win 10 ran update on 31 May 2020, my DVD/CD-ROM drive disappeared from My PC devices. It runs if I insert a disc, but it doesn't play. Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19...
  8. DVD/CD Rom Drive

DVD/CD Rom Drive: I have a game on a DVD in my DVD ROM Drive & want to transfer the game to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom-drive/4534f767-eea6-4a7f-8bd2-379797ff54ec
  9. dvd/cd rom drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dvd/cd rom drive: I cannot get my dvd/cd rom drive to work. I have a HP Pavilion 23-q014ld all in one computer. It says all of my drivers are up to date. I tried the pin hole to manually open the door and that doesn't work. I tried all of the steps of deleting and reloading the driver and...
  10. CD/DVD Rom isn't detecting on Win 10!

CD/DVD Rom isn't detecting on Win 10!: Hello guys! I'm having a problem here. I manually upgraded from windows 7 to Windows 10 and it isn't detecting my cd/dvd rom. [img] My system specifications are as follows; FX 6350, 2x4gb ram, gtx 760, gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 12251