Windows 10: Original motherboard fried and installed a new one...EVERYTHING else is the same.

Discus and support Original motherboard fried and installed a new one...EVERYTHING else is the same. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Need to "re-active" Windows 10 after MB change. Tried "troubleshooting" but won't activate. Booting to same SSD and everything else is the same as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RickSpagnuolo, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Original motherboard fried and installed a new one...EVERYTHING else is the same.

Need to "re-active" Windows 10 after MB change.

Tried "troubleshooting" but won't activate.

Booting to same SSD and everything else is the same as before MB installation.

:)

RickSpagnuolo, Oct 8, 2018

2. Installed new motherboard, now Windows is not active.

So I have had Windows 10 pro for years (well since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10)!

Through a long story and my own mistakes, I fried both my CPU and motherboard and had to replace it all!

I have now installed a new motherboard and CPU (both exactly the same as the ones that were fried: i7-7700k CPU and MSI gaming M7 motherboard), and suddenly I get a message in the bottom corner "Activate Windows: Go to Settings to activate Windows".

For many reasons I am not purchasing a new Windows 10 pro key, mostly because I am not buying what I already bought again!

How does this get fixed? I need this fixed.

ItsToothpicks, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Beast140 Win User
    Motherboard was fried, can I keep my windows 10 if I switch out the mobo?

So recently my motherboard was fried, I then decided to order a new motherboard (along with a new case).

The computer is prebuilt (bought from bestbuy) and originally had windows 8 preinstalled (which I then upgraded to windows 10 at the time when the upgrades were free).

My question is, can I simply buy a new mobo, plug in my hard drive and put in my product key that came with the computer? Or will I have to buy a new windows 10 key altogether?

Beast140, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Original motherboard fried and installed a new one...EVERYTHING else is the same.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Original motherboard fried and installed a new one...EVERYTHING else is the same.

1. Original motherboard fried and installed a new one...EVERYTHING else is the same. - Similar Threads - Original motherboard fried

2. New motherboard install, can’t boot windows with the same ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New motherboard install, can’t boot windows with the same ssd: I’ve had a gaming pc that I built a number of years ago and recently upgraded my CPU to find out that the motherboard was bottlenecking the speeds. So I upgraded to the MSI z170a motherboard with no installation issues. It booted right up to the bios but won’t actually boot...
  3. New motherboard install, can’t boot windows with the same ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New motherboard install, can’t boot windows with the same ssd: I’ve had a gaming pc that I built a number of years ago and recently upgraded my CPU to find out that the motherboard was bottlenecking the speeds. So I upgraded to the MSI z170a motherboard with no installation issues. It booted right up to the bios but won’t actually boot...
  4. New motherboard install, can’t boot windows with the same ssd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New motherboard, same ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New motherboard, same ssd: So, I am purchasing a new motherboard as the current one I have is having issues and has just ran out of warranty MSI B-550 A-ProHowever, I do not want to do a fresh install of windows, so how can I transfer my m.2 ssd over. is it just swapping over or is there more to...
  6. New motherboard, same ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New motherboard, same ssd: So, I am purchasing a new motherboard as the current one I have is having issues and has just ran out of warranty MSI B-550 A-ProHowever, I do not want to do a fresh install of windows, so how can I transfer my m.2 ssd over. is it just swapping over or is there more to...
  7. New motherboard, same ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Transfer license to a new HD, same motherboard.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to a new HD, same motherboard.: Hello, I have a laptop that came with a pre-installed windows version, I already reinstalled for many reason, but I always kept the same HD, so no problem. However, today I need to change my HD, so I want to know if I can transfer my license. I have ready some articles...
  9. Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD: Hello, i am having issues installing windows 10 on my PC. I got a new motherboard a ASrock b250m performance and i kept my same CPU a i3-6100 3.7 eith TDP 51. My HDD is Sata 7200rpm. My ram is a corsair vengeance 16 2x8gb DDR4 2400mghz. I run my windows 10 media tool off my...
  10. Same SSD Used for a new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same SSD Used for a new motherboard?: Recently I used two Windows 10 licenses to install 32-bit and 64-bit separately on two SSDs, but now the motherboard just failed. Windows licenses seemed to be valid for the SSD/HDD installed on only. If I replaced the motherboard only from a different manufacturer but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does a new motherboard mean new everything else?