Windows 10: Original owner of "temp folder" in C: Drive

Discus and support Original owner of "temp folder" in C: Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question, What is the original owner of the Folder "temp" Located inside C:\Windows? Because i accidentally set the ownership of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PatrickVillanueva, May 26, 2020.

1. Original owner of "temp folder" in C: Drive

Hello,

I have a question,

What is the original owner of the Folder "temp" Located inside C:\Windows?

Because i accidentally set the ownership of the folder to my name.

When i used Powershell admin and typed $env:username, i saw my name and changed the owner of temp folder to my name because i wanted to change the accesses.

I was having problems downloading/ installing apps because of ERROR 2503 / 2502. But now i fixed it, and now i need to know which is the original owner of temp folder because i forgot.

Is it SYSTEMS as the original owner of the Temp folder?

:)

PatrickVillanueva, May 26, 2020

2. What is the difference between %TEMP% folder and the TEMP folder in C:\Windows\TEMP ?

Hi, I just want to know the difference between the %TEMP% folder and the TEMP folder in C:\Windows\TEMP. What's the difference??

Original TItle:Windows Temporary Folders

ArushPCGuy, May 26, 2020
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, May 26, 2020
  4. Original owner of "temp folder" in C: Drive

Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Original owner of "temp folder" in C: Drive

1. Original owner of "temp folder" in C: Drive - Similar Threads - Original owner temp

2. Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.: Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive as it contains a Hard Disc Image File open in System. The folder takes up 156MB and was last accessed in January 2022. Please advise how I can remove this in WIN10 running on Surface Pro6....
  3. Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.: Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive as it contains a Hard Disc Image File open in System. The folder takes up 156MB and was last accessed in January 2022. Please advise how I can remove this in WIN10 running on Surface Pro6....
  4. Cannot delete OneDrive Temp folder on my C Drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Temp folder : C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp

Temp folder : C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp: Is the data present in "C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp" will be cleaned up automatically ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder-cusersusernameappdatalocaltemp/a917c46b-5ca4-4eb0-bce0-bbcd1b24f2e5
  6. Temp folder : C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp folder : C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp: Is the data present in "C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp" will be cleaned up automatically ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder-cusersusernameappdatalocaltemp/a917c46b-5ca4-4eb0-bce0-bbcd1b24f2e5
  7. owner user / temp user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    owner user / temp user: One day my PC decided to open in the temp user mode. Nothing else changed and I can still find all my photos, documents, and downloads, but, I have to click on them manually. The PC is for some reason opening to temp user. It is still functioning but without any of my stored...
  8. owner user / temp user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    owner user / temp user: One day my PC decided to open in the temp user mode. Nothing else changed and I can still find all my photos, documents, and downloads, but, I have to click on them manually. The PC is for some reason opening to temp user. It is still functioning but without any of my stored...
  9. owner user / temp user

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Inaccessible folder in C:\Windows\Temp

Inaccessible folder in C:\Windows\Temp: There's a folder in C:\Windows\Temp named {B7E977B5-9799-4D8C-AEB6-4694B3C310A9} that is accessible. i like to keep temp folders clear to free up valuable, limited space on my lap top. When attempting to access this folder i get: "You don't currently have permission to...