Windows 10: Original Surface Go Windows 11

Discus and support Original Surface Go Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is the **Original Surface Go 64GB** laptop compatible with Windows 11?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Landon Berning, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Original Surface Go Windows 11

Is the **Original Surface Go 64GB** laptop compatible with Windows 11?

:)

Landon Berning, Oct 6, 2022

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Original Surface Go  Windows 11 :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Original Surface Go Windows 11

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Original Surface Go Windows 11

1. Original Surface Go Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Original Surface

2. Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue: I have a laptop with built-in Windows. Initially, I applied a different Windows Pro key, but it's now expiring. How can I revert to using the original Windows key that came with the laptop?...
  3. Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting to Original Windows Key on Laptop: Expired Windows Pro Key Issue: I have a laptop with built-in Windows. Initially, I applied a different Windows Pro key, but it's now expiring. How can I revert to using the original Windows key that came with the laptop?...
  4. How can I restore the original list of language packs in Windows 10 22h2, as it’s currently...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore the original list of language packs in Windows 10 22h2, as it’s currently...: Hello, I’ve encountered an issue where the list of available language packs is empty on my Windows 10 22h2 system, even after attempting a system restore to a point before any language packs were removed. I’ve also run the System File Checker and checked for updates, but the...
  5. How can I restore the original list of language packs in Windows 10 22h2, as it’s currently...

How can I restore the original list of language packs in Windows 10 22h2, as it’s currently...: Hello, I’ve encountered an issue where the list of available language packs is empty on my Windows 10 22h2 system, even after attempting a system restore to a point before any language packs were removed. I’ve also run the System File Checker and checked for updates, but the...
  6. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  7. Original Surface Go Windows 11

Original Surface Go Windows 11: Is the **Original Surface Go 64GB** laptop compatible with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/original-surface-go-windows-11/80387581-399c-4839-8469-5f7cace74a99
  8. Original Surface Book "Can't start camera"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Original Surface Book "Can't start camera": I have been using my Surface Book camera mostly for zoom and webex. I have not had to use it since June 11, 2021 until yesterday July 13, 2021. I mostly turn it on briefly for other things, do windows updates, and turn it off. I did everything in Camera doesn't work in...
  9. How to Un-link Second Window's 10 device Surface Pro 7 from original PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Un-link Second Window's 10 device Surface Pro 7 from original PC: I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7 and set up the account using my current Microsoft information. Now when I make any changes to the Surface Pro, the exact change occurs on my current PC. How can I prevent this from happening? Do I need to create a second account on the...
  10. surface pro x and sims 4 using Origin

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface pro x and sims 4 using Origin: I understand this computer i am using uses windows ARM. I'm not really sure what all that means but after watching a youTube video on a comparison of the surface 7 and the X, this limits the types of applications you can download. It apparently is new so not everything...