Windows 10: Original windows license in BIOS won't activiate Windows 10

Discus and support Original windows license in BIOS won't activiate Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a Samsung galaxy book 10.6. a friend installed a different version of windows on it to make it slimmer. then I wanted to reinstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by An Hong, Oct 7, 2019.

1. An Hong Win User

Original windows license in BIOS won't activiate Windows 10

I bought a Samsung galaxy book 10.6. a friend installed a different version of windows on it to make it slimmer. then I wanted to reinstall the system, and downloaded a tool from microsoft to install the full version. now it pops up the license expiration notice. I thought there should be a license key that came with the original windows. I used the command to find it

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

and I copied the license key that showed up to the activation window. however, it says the key is invalid. does that have anything to do with the windows being a different version? or the key was for windows 8 or something.... what can I do to activiate the windows? thanks.

:)

An Hong, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2019
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Oct 7, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Original windows license in BIOS won't activiate Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Original license BIOS

2. Windows Activiation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activiation issue: Dear Microsoft Support Team, dear community,I recently changed parts of my PC Hardware and since the configuration meet Win11 requirements, I did a clean installation of Win11. The issue is that the Windows Activation Troubleshoot returns an error as 'my digital license for...
  3. Windows Activiation issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activiation issue: Dear Microsoft Support Team, dear community,I recently changed parts of my PC Hardware and since the configuration meet Win11 requirements, I did a clean installation of Win11. The issue is that the Windows Activation Troubleshoot returns an error as 'my digital license for...
  4. windows activiation problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activiation problem: windows[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activiation-problem/e47da033-aef4-4aa2-a8cf-a182e32845d2
  5. windows Activiation

windows Activiation: i am trying to activate my windows. But when I click the button it says I need to connect to my organizations network. I am just trying to activate my personal home computer so I don't understand why they need me to connect to an organization's server? If someone could help...
  6. Windows 10 activiation issue

Windows 10 activiation issue: Hello, I had opted for an free upgrade from Microsoft windows 7 home basic to windows 10 pro in 2016. In the meantime I never realized that windows was not activated as my laptop was rarely used & I had no issues browsing and using the computer, But now When I try to...
  7. Windows 10 asking for Activation - purchased but won't accept Activiation Key

Windows 10 asking for Activation - purchased but won't accept Activiation Key: Over a year ago purchased a computer. Windows 10 and Office Professional Plus 2016 installed. Now being asked to Activate Windows 10 and also Office. Purchased Windows 10 from Microsoft Store, installed but won't accept product key. Comes up with code 0xC004F074. Yet...
  8. License and activiation

License and activiation: I purchased a new laptop and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I had to return the the PC because a piece of hardware had failed. Best Buy provided me a brand new laptop. I need to install Windows 10 Pro on the new machine, but I do not have a product key. How can I get a product...
  9. New HP with windows 10 activiation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New HP with windows 10 activiation: Upon start up of my new HP notebook, Windows 10 does not have Microsoft Store or associated apps. Tried using Powershell and that didn't work. Also when using my Microsoft account it will not allow me to download any apps I already have nor any new ones because the store not...
  10. Windows 10 activiation

Windows 10 activiation: Hello. I got an issue. I installed Windows 10 on my friends computer because in the previous version of Windows he had a virus. Im trying to activate windows on this computer with the windows 7 license key but I keep getting an error . It says...