Windows 10: OS and Data Migration Issues

Discus and support OS and Data Migration Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought a new SSD to replace my old one that has Windows installed on it but I am having tons of issues copying everything over to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by roxerdude, Jul 2, 2020.

1. roxerdude Win User

OS and Data Migration Issues

I recently bought a new SSD to replace my old one that has Windows installed on it but I am having tons of issues copying everything over to the new drive.

Samsung's data migration tool isn't working and I keep getting an error from MiniTool that the boot and system volume are on different drives so I cannot migrate my OS onto my new drive. According to the disk manager it appears that System is installed on my HDD and the rest of the windows installation is on my old SSD. I would like to move the system installation from my P: drive onto my C: drive if possible. However I'm open to other suggestions.

OS and Data Migration Issues 616cb55a-d244-4060-bc6b-5205f2b78de9?upload=true.png

:)

roxerdude, Jul 2, 2020

2. OS Migration

I have a PC that has become very slow at booting up. Sometimes it takes so long to be ready to use, I have to re-boot it again in order for it so be useable at all. It has 2 x 1TB HDDs in it & the one with the OS on it is at about 95% full. So I guess that
    this could be the reason it is so slow to get going.

• Would it improve it at all if I was to migrate the OS onto an SSD?
    • Is it possible to migrate the OS alone to the SSD & leave all the data on the HDD?
    • If it is, what then happens to the OS on the HDD?
    • Also what happens to access to existing data in Windows folders like Documents, music etc?
    So many questions.

This is probably in the wrong section but I couldn't find anything appropriate.

Tim Gosling, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 2, 2020
  4. JimP5 Win User

Lumia update stuck at migrating your data.

A normal power button shutdown worked on my Lumia 640. W10 upgrade stalled at migrating data, Step 20 of 22, 0%. I performed a shutdown. The phone restarted automatically. It showed it was migrating data at Step 1 of 3. It completed in a minute. The phone
    appears to be operating normally with W10 installed.

JimP5, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. OS and Data Migration Issues - Similar Threads - Data Migration Issues

2. Migration os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migration os: I cloned the os of my laptop on my ssd but i donot kow how to boot from my ssd not from my old hdd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-os/88321ba8-0e8e-4b75-a2a9-314395227da2
  3. Migration os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migration os: I cloned the os of my laptop on my ssd but i donot kow how to boot from my ssd not from my old hdd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-os/88321ba8-0e8e-4b75-a2a9-314395227da2
  4. Migrating OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating OS: I've recently purchased an SSD as my hard drive isn't coping as a boot drive and is bottlenecking performance. As a result I've a need to migrate my data across. I'm using a smaller SSD 500gb than HDD 2tb and am aware I need to cut down to fit. My issue is that I've lost my...
  5. Migrating OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating OS: I've recently purchased an SSD as my hard drive isn't coping as a boot drive and is bottlenecking performance. As a result I've a need to migrate my data across. I'm using a smaller SSD 500gb than HDD 2tb and am aware I need to cut down to fit. My issue is that I've lost my...
  6. Migrating OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Migrating OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating OS to SSD: To keep it short: Migrating OS from HDD to SSD. Problem is the EFI boot partition (16 Mb) and another unnamed partition are on the SSD. Somehow, the main Windows files are on the C: drive (HDD) and the boot is on the SSD. Aside from that, nothing else on the solid drive....
  8. OS Migration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OS Migration: I have a PC that has become very slow at booting up. Sometimes it takes so long to be ready to use, I have to re-boot it again in order for it so be useable at all. It has 2 x 1TB HDDs in it & the one with the OS on it is at about 95% full. So I guess that this cold be the...
  9. os migration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    os migration: hi I have a gaming pc with 3 ssd slots. I am purchasing a new faster ssd but I am still going to use the old ssd on the same pc. is it possible to transfer the operating system files to the faster ssd as well as the apps, games ect. can all this be done with out loosing any...
  10. OS migration tools

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS migration tools: Hi everyone, I bought a new computer with Windows and wonder if there are some tools to move all of my settings, files and applications to a new one. Maybe someone has used any of applications which move all of these things? I heard about PCmover, Zinstall, PCtrans,...