Windows 10: OS & Apps - Should I start fresh from 0 or mirror to new NVME?

Discus and support OS & Apps - Should I start fresh from 0 or mirror to new NVME? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am building a rig, nothing is coming from the previous one. Hence it'll need different drivers for everything. Is it worth the speed and convenience... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drpeppercan, Dec 1, 2020.

1. OS & Apps - Should I start fresh from 0 or mirror to new NVME?

I am building a rig, nothing is coming from the previous one. Hence it'll need different drivers for everything.
    Is it worth the speed and convenience that mirroring the drives affords you?
    Or is it overall better, safer, to start from scratch?

:)

drpeppercan, Dec 1, 2020

2. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh
    Start is selected. Once Fresh Start is complete, One Drive is the only app in the Removed Apps file. I do not receive any error messages. I have Windows 10 Home version 1709 installed.

What is the best way to get a clean install of Windows 10? Why is Fresh Start not working correctly?

katiera_012, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Devils41 Win User
    Help with OS Transfer on a new build

Need some help figuring out what I need to do for a fresh build tomorrow. I will be moving off of my old CPU and mobo to a new X99 system. Right now I have my OS on a Sata SSD and want to transfer it onto a new NVME drive.

Some issues:
    • I have a windows 10 upgrade from a RETAIL windows 7 license so I should have migration rights correct?
    • I have 3 other non-OS drives so after I do the install with my old/ current Microsoft account will my fresh install of windows recognise those drives?
    If you guys could shed some light on how to do this or advice please lend a hand. thanks!

Devils41, Dec 1, 2020
  4. malware Win User

OS & Apps - Should I start fresh from 0 or mirror to new NVME?

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

OS & Apps - Should I start fresh from 0 or mirror to new NVME?

1. OS & Apps - Should I start fresh from 0 or mirror to new NVME? - Similar Threads - Apps Should start

2. Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?: What's the difference between these things?Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?<Original title - Hmm...> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-choose-ssd-or-the-nvme-ssd/53be9827-486b-45c8-82a9-17bd0eec0afb
  3. Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?: What's the difference between these things?Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?<Original title - Hmm...> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-choose-ssd-or-the-nvme-ssd/53be9827-486b-45c8-82a9-17bd0eec0afb
  4. Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DUAL OS Copy disk from OLD to NEW NVME but C:drive not "migrating"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DUAL OS Copy disk from OLD to NEW NVME but C:drive not "migrating": Hello I am trying to move my entire Disk from a Patriot 120Gb NVME to a new WD 500Gb one. I have Ubuntu 18.04 and Windows10 installed on my machine as Dual OS. I used to copy Disk wizard in Minitool partition and I believe it went well as I can see all my partitions there and...
  6. Migrating files from one OS SSD to New Nvme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating files from one OS SSD to New Nvme: Got a Samsung Evo 970 and I want to move the files and programs from my Samsung 860 to that as that’ll be where I want the OS to be on now. How do I go about this? Is there no way and I would just need to reinstall everything on the new OS and move documents and stuff using...
  7. Should I partition my new SSD to separate OS from programs and data?

Should I partition my new SSD to separate OS from programs and data?: I have a new SSD on which I will install Win 10 Home. Is it advisable to separate the OS and the apps/programs/data into 2 separate partitions on the SSD after win 10 is installed? Would doing this cause problems with installing and using programs, games etc? I ask because...
  8. Should I use "Reset My Pc" or "Get a fresh start"?

Should I use "Reset My Pc" or "Get a fresh start"?: My laptop came with windows 8.1 pre-installed. I upgraded it to Windows 10 and it is now activated with digital license. I haven't signed with Microsoft account on it. When I started with my pc, I gave it a..you know whatever..user name. Though I can change the user name...
  9. Start From Fresh

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start From Fresh: I have, for over a year had problems because of having, somehow, a new user folder created as UserName.MachineName. I tried all of the steps I was advised on 30 October 2017 by, amongst others, Darleen Pen, Donna Men, and by reading similar problems that Vijayj.r had...
  10. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

Fresh Start Not Removing Apps: I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh Start is selected....